Pier and Surf Forum banner
141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
you cant have it both ways if you say all tallent you include little to no

distance with braid is the only valid point I have seen other than the ease of fishing with one .after several others have pointed out the benifits of coventionals in their points of veiw you revert to childish posting of pointless pics. :beer:

9rock

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
case and point
For once try to actually rebut one of my statements. You so mangle everything whether it be a quote or your reply it is difficult if not impossible to take anything you say seriously.

I hope you do a better job arguing gun control
Case in point, I said I argue gun RIGHTS. I think gun control laws are nothing more than OSHA regulations for violent criminals.

The Lounge is HERE, start a thread if you feel froggy.

·
DISTANCE CASTING SPONSOR
3,344 Posts
I have taken a position and I am ardently defending it. I enjoy persuasive writing and debate . . . If you think this topic is charged you oughta read me when I write on gun rights.

I'm only relating my experiences with the two tackle types and explaining what is possible with new generation spinning tackle. As I've said before, the old paradigms have changed and "facts" that were unquestioned are now suspect. The "fact" that I enjoy attacking the most is that for fishing, "if ya need to get it out there, conventional is the only way to go . . ."

People extend the advantage conventionals have on the casting court to the beach and that just doesn't carry over.

So, it is not me developing a battle plan, it's me just recounting the battle, the battle is over . . . and that is evidenced by the lack of answers to my questions in this thread.

Thank you for restating a primary point from my first post in this thread.

This discussion has reached the absurd level of people arguing that the inherent difficulties in using conventional gear are evidence of its superiority.

Well, that would be an easy assumption to make . . . But just for fun let's have a little thought experiment . . .

Since Tommy can outcast me by about 200ft OTG on the court I fully expect Tommy to able to cast 50 feet further than me OTG with my braid loaded Shimano PowerAero on a fishing rod. That would put him over 700ft.

I would go so far as to argue that if he isn't well into the upper 700's OTG with a spinning FISHING set-up then perhaps casting a spinner to a high performance level is a bit more difficult than all of you think?

So, after repeatedly hearing about there being no "learning curve" for spinners and reading that spinning is the domain of talentless hacks am I taking it personal?

DAMN RIGHT I AM!!

We shall see won't we. . .
Suddenly I feel used....lol

Sarge i think we are a little closer than 200' apart on the field (If I remember correctly you are well into the 600's). I'm trying to do this without bias and I really don't know what to expect.

High 700's??? You may be disappointed. With my primary tournament rod and favorite reel in calm conditions I struggle to hit high 700's consistantly. I define high 700's as anything over about 770'.

When you start pushing past 750 each and every foot is hard earned, casting or spinning.

Tommy

·
Registered
909 Posts
For once try to actually rebut one of my statements. You so mangle everything whether it be a quote or your reply it is difficult if not impossible to take anything you say seriously.

Case in point, I said I argue gun RIGHTS. I think gun control laws are nothing more than OSHA regulations for violent criminals.

The Lounge is HERE, start a thread if you feel froggy.
I have reputed many of you statements such as fighting ability . left hand right hand retrieve. weight of reel and a few others I will agree to disagree on those . I don't have a need to force my opinion on anybody I am as you are entitled to my beliefs. your stance has been that spinning reels are superior I don't see that and many others don't either. does that make us right and you wrong ? no there my be no definitive answer but only opinions

now gun rights gun control tomato tomato .I do agree on your view there

9rock

·
Registered
218 Posts
I love these "religious" wars....

Makes the winter pass by quicker.

I throw spinner only, because my shoulder is shot. I throw spinner because I like to fish. I like to fish because it relaxes me. Anything beyond that is too complicated and too much work. Just .02 from an average fishman....

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
wow.. i wish to be able to put out bait 150yards on 5-6oz let alone 8oz at 200... . .
even 175 is hard enough to do with a FT pendulum with a baited rig..
and yes,, ive tried it. lol

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
yup..the winter duldrums have set in...Glad I'm fishin' and not arguin' over the internet.

Remember..

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Baitcasters offer several key advantages compared to other fishing reel types. Since their spool rotates, line doesn’t twist during the cast, which results in greater casting distance and accuracy compared to different types of fishing reels, such as spinning reels. If you’re on a hunt for the best bitcaster.This stylish reel features a graphite frame and side plates, which makes it incredibly lightweight compared to aluminum baitcasters, and especially light compared to spinning reels. If you intend to spend a lot of time casting during a long day of spin fishing, then arm fatigue and reel weight can become a real issue. In that case, the lightness of this baitcasting reel makes it worth checking out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you intend to spend a lot of time casting during a long day of spin fishing, then arm fatigue and reel weight can become a real issue.
Really? I don't think that's ever happened to me and I've spent a lifetime whipping the water to a froth. I've spent hours in the surf casting Hopkins, Kastmasters, and Crocodiles for bluefish, and just as many hours on a pier chunking double bucktails for specs or Gotchas for spanish, and I can't say that fatigue or reel weight was ever an issue.

In my experience, the soreness in my back due to the forward position of my arms and the slight weight of my rig is far worse than arm fatigue, and that would be regardless of reel type.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Baitcasters offer several key advantages compared to other fishing reel types. Since their spool rotates, line doesn’t twist during the cast, which results in greater casting distance and accuracy compared to different types of fishing reels, such as spinning reels. If you’re on a hunt for the best bitcaster.This stylish reel features a graphite frame and side plates, which makes it incredibly lightweight compared to aluminum baitcasters, and especially light compared to spinning reels. If you intend to spend a lot of time casting during a long day of spin fishing, then arm fatigue and reel weight can become a real issue. In that case, the lightness of this baitcasting reel makes it worth checking out.
You resurrected a 12 year old post for this... You really are bored arent you!
Isnt there a rod you need to wrap or something.... I bet that floor can use a good sweeping too. That bait got plenty of ice on it? Did your kid brother out fish you again?
Squatted Trucks Still look GAY!

141 - 155 of 155 Posts