Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use lures all the time, but I would like to try bait now and then. When I was living on Kent Island I caught my own bait. I could net grass shrimp, or catch minnows in my back yard. Now I live in Federalsburg, and there is no bait shops around. Anyone know the closes place that sells grass shrimp. or minnows? I don't think there are grass shrimp in the marshy Hope creek in the Marina in Federalsburg. Is it? Might have to buy a shrimp net and check that out. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Elvis (lol, sorry, had to do it):D.

I believe you're smack in the middle between Cambridge MD and Lewes Delaware.
You're about 30mins or so from Lewes Delaware, so, my only suggestion is one of the tackle shops there like Bills Sports (i'm sure they have both. I know minnows for sure). I don't know of any tackle shops at Cambridge.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Andy, there are probably grass shrimp there, as well as minnows. You might check with Shore Sportsman in Easton too. They're likely the closest tackle shop to you. You could also try Tuckahoe Sportsman on 404 near Ridgely. I've never been in there, so don't have any idea if they sell bait or not, but they're not that far away from you either.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Andy, there are probably grass shrimp there, as well as minnows. You might check with Shore Sportsman in Easton too. They're likely the closest tackle shop to you. You could also try Tuckahoe Sportsman on 404 near Ridgely. I've never been in there, so don't have any idea if they sell bait or not, but they're not that far away from you either.
I was in Tuckahoe Sportsman a few days ago. I bought a light crappie rod and reel and some weighted bobbers and a few packs of little tube baits. I don't think he has minnows, or grass shrimp now. It is mostly hunters that hang out there. It is a real nice shop. They have everything you need for hunting and fishing. Mostly hunters in this area now. I have ben seeing a lot of deer on the edge of woods and on the back roads. My Daughter hit one a few weeks ago. Messed the car up pretty bad. Thanks Guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts