Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you in the Baltimore area or are willing to drive, I picked up some nice looking blood worms at Brooklyn Sport Fair, 3440 S Hanover St., Baltimore, MD 21225, (410) 355-4600. Only null$6.00 per dozen. :D
They have all the other basic bait also (squid, bunker, etc.) The only thing they didn't have was clam snouts. There seems to be some sort of shortage going around the Baltimore area because other bait shops are out of snouts too. :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not quite sure but I don't think it was frozen because when the lady in the store opened up the freezer the only thing she had in there was the squid. But you could call them and get a definite answer. (410) 355-4600

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
At Cheverly Sports Fair in Bladensburg they sell some real nice bloodworms for $6.50;It sure beats worms at Angelers.One time the guy at Cheverly Sports Fair even tried to sell me a whole flat for about $24.00 :eek: .What a deal.Im closer to Bladensburg than Brooklyn.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah, I usually hit two spots for bloods, but Cheverly Sports is the top. The bloods they have there are JUMBO and they live longer I've noticed. I had some in the fridge for about 1.5 mos and they were still kick'n. I'll be going by there today to pick up a couple doz and head either to the peake or spsp. NB will be murderous this evening, but I may drop by there also.

·
Registered
270 Posts
For anyone in the Alexandria/Springfield/Fort Belvoir area, I can't recommnd Fishing Island enough! Huge worms, good prices, fresh bunker. They're located in the Belmont shopping plaza on US 1 about a half mile north of the Fort.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I some times go to Fishing Island but he is way out of my way because i fish by the wilson bridge and i live outside of old town alexandria. Do you know of any other bait shops in the area.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hey thanks rugger. I work at ft belvoir so I may have to stop and get bloods on my way out when I leave base on weekends I go fishing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts