Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got the word about Breezy Point. Searay just called from his cellphone. He talked to one of the workers at Breezy Point mins ago.

The park is closed for the year. All the campsites got washed over and the pier took aliot of damage but it is still there. So much for my camping trip that would have started on Wednesday. Man this sucks,:mad: Hatteras here I come. :D....Tightlines

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Well I think that means you can make it to the choptank cleanup then!:D

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You must have

missed this part of the post...
Hatteras here I come
:D However, maybe I better think about this....Hummm

Come to think of it, the fish always have lived on the Cambridge side. :eek:.....Tightlines

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hat,
unless I missed something.... Hatteras is inaccesible by anything other than a boat. Isabel created a new Inlet just below Buxton(I think), but it completely separates Hatteras from all other parts of OuterBanks. At least that is what Channel 7 news said and showed. Man this hurricane stuff sucks :mad:
- Surfman

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can still access the island

via the Bonner bridge. As I have a resident re-entry pass they will let me in no prob. I will only be able to get as far as Hatteras village for now but I've been in this situation before.

I've seen those people down there fix a road and fill in a new inlet fast. This is not the first time the beach has been breached in that area. I can only hope for the best so all I can do is give it a try. I need to check on a house in Rodanthe anyway.

I was going to wait till next month to go but with all the loss of our fishing spots here it's time to leave the skinny water behind and get into the real deal. Life is but a big adventure and I feel a rush comming on. :D....Tightlines

·
Registered
216 Posts
Good Luck Hat,
Hope the house in good shape, and hope that the fishing is in even better :D
- Surfman

·
Registered
905 Posts
hey clyde,

so when are you planning on heading down there. eric and i are planning to go down there during oct. 7-10, maybe we can hook up some time, if you are down there at those dates. send me a pm, and maybe we can exchange phone numbers.

fred

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got a cancellation call from Calvert county parks.

The word from Breezy is real bad. The pier is gone, most of the buildings have been moved off of their foundations or destroyed. This fall will be a total loss for the park. When asked about next year, they replyed "We don't even know if we will be able to open in 2004 at all" This is real bad....:mad: Hat80

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
:( When I talked to you I figured they got hit pretty bad, especially if Romacoke pier was destroyed that far up in the bay. That is an excellent place to camp, relax and fish. Its a shame! DNR has their work cut out for them the rest of the year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts