Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short...picked up a boat that sat for a year.Need to drain tank and get rid of fuel.Does anyone know where to get a fuel drum for 50 gallons of gas and where to dispose of it??Im in the Morehead City/Atlantic Beach area.Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
I would get an empty 55 gal drum, and use it in small increments for burning or list it on craigslist for free. At the dealership i work at, any amount over a gallon or two usually goes home with me and i save it for burning. Best thing i can think of

·
Registered
929 Posts
Burn it off in small engines that don't need high octane like lawn equipment etc .just refilter it with water separator and or let sit after draining tank and you will see it sperate again. been doing this for over 10 year. .if your worried get some high octane and mix if you want too... . put on craiglist a lot of farmers will take it . for farm equipment or a lawn company will. Find a old Oil tank they get as big as 250 gallon from a old house a lot of,people will pay you to remove it and,any oil you can resell plus get a tank for free at least. Possble cook out pit....?lol I've done it.

Or find a free boat off craiglist or rv ,bring it home siphon your gas from your into the free one then relist for free with a full tank of gas...someone will come get it.lol I've done it. Or strip a rv and you get lots of 50plus tanks of containers from it.

It's not hard getting rid of it on craiglist I've done it multiply times..

·
Registered
705 Posts
yep - craigslist -

buy the blue plastic drum for about $25.
and then advertise the gas either free or some $$ to pay for the drum.
recyclers and biofuel enthusiasts will grab the old gas and oil quickly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Find a farmer spraying remedy and fuel oil on brush and give it to em. They will mix it with a little used motor oil and spray it out to kill brush.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Or find a free boat off craiglist or rv ,bring it home siphon your gas from your into the free one then relist for free with a full tank of gas...someone will come get it.lol I've done it.
It's not hard getting rid of it on craiglist I've done it multiply times..
Remind me not to get anything from you for free :D :D

I did have bad gas last night...... :beer:

Seriously; you might try checking with one of those petroleum reclaim companies. They might take it off your hands.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts