Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s been awhile since I’ve been to the SunGlow pier in Daytona Beach. Well we thought we would run down and grab some lunch, the restaurant “use to be” pretty good. Had not plans to fish, just wanted to check out the place as I’ve not fished there since last year.

Disappointment number 1, sign on office saying “Fishing Hours 6AM – 11PM”. This pier use to be open 24 hours a day! We loose yet one more nighttime fishing spot (remember my past post about Florida being anti night fishing, guess I have even more proof).

Disappointment number 2, restaurant service POOR! We went in and sat down (you seat yourself here). We waited and waited for our waitress. Other people were coming in, sitting down and getting served within minutes. After 15 minutes and no waitress, no menus and not even being asked what we wanted to drink we got up and started to leave. My wife asked a lady at the door “how long does it take to get service here”. We then explained we were sitting for 15 minutes without being greeted by our waitress or being asked what we wanted to drink.. The girl who waitresses the table we were setting at came up and say “I never saw you sitting there”. Well either she was blind or a liar as she was sitting for at least 7 minutes at a table just two tables away talking to her boyfriend! I guess all the ink from those tatoos in her body caused her to go blind, I don’t mind tatoos however she had way too many for my taste, it didn’t make me want to stay and eat…..It’s a shame as we’ve been dedicated customers for about 2 years to both the restaurant and pier until the weather got cold in December. I won’t be back.

Guess I’ll keep going back to Flagler pier to fish (at last their open til midnight). Better food, better fishing, and better service.

George

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Is that the pier

on the beach as you come in from I4 right on A1A? That is the only one i remember. I haven't fished it before but have seen people. I heard good reports last year about it and was looking forward to going sometime this fall. Damn shame! Sorry about your bad service there. Some people are just plain rude and don't care. Hope you have better luck at your next spot. Tight Lines!

·
Registered
320 Posts
WOW that don't sound good at all. Have never been up there myself and now I wont bother. Negative reports are just as important as positive reports. Sorry for your experience! Tight lines!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Drop them a line

Hey Av8tor
I know the word of mouth is a strong one. Sorry about the bad EXP. Why dont you send them a Email along with a copy or link of this post and see if they really care . That would be interesting to see what type of response you recieve. I my self was planning to make a trip up there and spread some wealth around but so far not happy hearing about the bad time there. Dont thing anyone wants that do they.
Here is a link to their Website:
http://www.sunglowpier.com/

·
Registered
15 Posts
When I was in Daytona doing a project there, I went there a coupla times..... service was good, and don't remember the sign with the "time limit".

But then again it was during tourist season, so they have been on thier "best behavior"

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sewer Rat: Last year you are right, service was good as we use to eat there about once a week. And again you're right about the time, last year (and two years ago) we would fish there a few times a week and the pier was open 24 hours. Not no more.....

Kozlow: Already did, did that right before I posted about my experience here on this board. Haven't yet gotten a response from them and really don't expect to. I know when we did a lot of fishing there the owener kinda seemed like he had an attude problem be we overlooked it because it was one of the new places you could fish late a night. So I'd be shocked to get any kind of reply.

BTW at Flagler last night the Spanish Macs. were hitting very nice, brought 3 home for launch. But not a bite from bottom fishing (shrimp, fish bites, or mullet). And I mean NO one was getting a darn think bottom fishing....

George

1 - 7 of 7 Posts