Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
spent 45 min lookin for a nice pocket to toss my 4oz and shrimp into, then first 3 casts wind took it about 15 yards to the right. :mad: then once i adjusted so i could send it right in, i cast 30yds short :mad::mad:, reeled in casted again then the foot on my reel, part that you attach the rod to, broke clean in half, so a hour into it, packed up went home.:(:(

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
while im thinkin about it, i gotta 6'6" boat rod with a conventional reel, was thinkin about putting it on my 10 foot surf rod, but its a spincast rod. ive been told this is a bad cause the rod isnt made for that type of reel. what are the possibilties of the rod gettin messed up?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
while im thinkin about it, i gotta 6'6" boat rod with a conventional reel, was thinkin about putting it on my 10 foot surf rod, but its a spincast rod. ive been told this is a bad cause the rod isnt made for that type of reel. what are the possibilties of the rod gettin messed up?
JackalopeHunter, that will work but a spinning reel does not work well on a casting rod cause the first guide (gathering guide) is not large enough.

If thats what you got on hand, use it. It will work.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JackalopeHunter, that will work but a spinning reel does not work well on a casting rod cause the first guide (gathering guide) is not large enough.

If thats what you got on hand, use it. It will work.
hey thanks, did some lookin around and found only 2 other places that someone asked about this and someone said the same. thanks again!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.