Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I touched down this morning in Norfolk, and am back on the beach! It feels great to be back here after being gone all summer. I fogot how many FINE a$$ women are in this city!

I walked down to the Lynnhaven pier an hour or so ago to see what was happening. I didn't bring my pole because with the wind, I thought maybe it would be a waste of time. I stopped in the bait shop to say hello to Bobby Lou and Betty, grabbed a six pack and walked out to the pier.

The very first person I came to at the beginning of the pier had a cooler full of fish....some BIG puppy drums. It was the first time I had ever seen one. Looks like a pretty hefty species of fish, and I cant wait to catch one.

As I continued down the pier it seemed like EVERYONE was hooked up with a fish! Lots of spot, croaker, some taylor blues, some flounder, speckled trout, and even a shark at the end. Everyone I talked to was catching them one after another.

I am home now waiting for my room mate to come home with the key to the storage room so I can get my fishing poles out and RUN to the pier! lol....can't wait to have the line out there.

If any of you have some time to fish this evening, come on down to Lynnhaven. From what I saw while I was there you won't be disappointed. They have been steadily biting all day.

Tight lines everyone....

Justin

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Welcome to fall fishing in Tidewater, GraphixDude. If you liked what you saw today, you'll freak in a few months.

So the pups have showed up, huh? Try fishing sand fleas up and down Chick's Beach. When they spill out of the inlets, they're everywhere. And you might want to poke around Sandbridge. Let a northeaster or two blow through and the big boys will show.

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
G-dude,

Welcome back ! And I'll catch you tomorrow at Lynnhaven Pier ~5-8pm window for Spots, Pups, etc. I finally finished moving from Norfolk to Chesapeake this August. So I'm now somewhat back in the fishing loop = YEEEEEEHAAA :p

Go fish,

`bucket

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sandflea and Bucket - thanks for the welcome and the info.

Bucket i will try to get out there tomorrow night to meet you. I have some work to finish but will try hard to get it done in time to meet up with you.

Im goin NUTS :mad: Its 8:40pm and my room mate is still gone with the key to the storage room - my poles are locked in there!!! haha...im pacing around the living room. I hope lynnhaven is still open late.

For those that can't make it tonight I will give a report when I finally get out there and make it back home.

Thanks again Sandflea and Bucket

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Whatup 'dude!?!?! Welcome back to ol' Virginny. You ain't missed nothing this summer here.

Thanks for the pier report. I'm gonna try to get down there Friday night and catch some of them puppies.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Welcome back Graphixdude. Like said earlier you didn't miss nothing this summer but are making it back just in time to get your stuff prepped and jump head first into the fall run!:D

·
Registered
206 Posts
welcome back to the beach. i see u know betty and bobbylou yeah they love me to death or hate me i don't know. anyway yeah i called over to lynnhaven today they said they were bitting but for about the last week the fishing has sucked hard. well good luck in the fall

dan lee

fish til it hurts

·
Registered
389 Posts
And I was come there tonight but a friend of mine hornswaggled me into going to Sea gull. 9 till 11:30 and NADA! :( But I'll be there soon.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Nah! But I'll Check it out this week maybe fish the pier one night and the surf the next or vice versa. Depends on if the Gman is there or not. What's up GD? :cool:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Heading out tomorrow (Friday) for a long weekend at the beach. Look for mom in the wheelchair and me at the Lynnhaven pier. Please stop by and say hi.

Welcome back Graphixdude!!

Lin

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To everyone that posted welcomes, thank you. I hope to get to fish with you all! This board is the posting ground of a lot of really cool people.

I promised a report on what I caught last night so here it is....

24 croakers
9 spot
2 Skates/Rays (I can never tell the difference)
1 blue crab on my line.

I finally got my pole out of storage at about 8:30pm and hit the water by 9. I bought some squid and the owner gave me a bag of blood worms. I fished really close to shore at the beginning of the pier on the advice of Bobby Lou. She was right - first cast about 30 seconds after it hit the water I got a nice croaker and the action didn't stop for quite a while. Around 11pm or Midnight the bite slowed to a halt. The owners daughter (SUPER cool) came out and fished with me from midnight till about 2pm and only caught a couple fish all that time.

It was a fun night of fishin and I plan to be back on the water again tonight since I have a lot of bait left.

Again thanks to everyone for the kind welcome back.

Poleant - SUP dude! :D I will be on the pier tonight about 6pm and will try to fish every night this week.

Catfish Mamma - I will look for you - can't wait to meet your mom. My mom is a big time fisherwoman/hunter also.

Chest2Head - How you been bro? Ill see you soon!

Baddogg and FL fisherman - lookin forward to wettin some bait with you both.

Time to go clean the fish I still have on ice in my cooler,,,,

:barf:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts