Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to go on vacation! Mom and I just got back in town late last night. Her parting words before heading to bed were, "are we going fishing tomorrow at the beach?" My parting words were "no". Been reading the posts to catch up on all the happenings. THRIFY - looks like you and Dominic had a great time last weekend. If I can get the car unpacked and then repacked for tomorrow, where should we head to catch some fish? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mom now has her fishing hat on and I guess we should end the vacation with a bang!!

Thanks in advance. :D

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I would say Lynnhaven Pier. Not sure if it's a better choice than the Va Beach Pier though. Seems spot have been doing good at the oceanfront. Then there's WIlloughby Pier. I haven't gotten there yet. Seems I have not been able to break the Lynnhaven Pier routine lately. But I have recently become inspired to want to search elsewhere.

I'm heading out in a few.......if the Fed Ex guy hurries up and get here. Missed a package last Saturday while out fishing. Looks like I may have to miss another . Cause I'm packed and ready to go.

I'll let you know how I did.

Looks like you have a bit of unwinding to do....although your mom seems to be still in high gear. Think she might have a private stash of Geritol somewhere? I've been looking for my mom's for quite some time now.:D

Talk with you later....that's of course if I don't dislocate something while cast netting today.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
About coming down to fish Sunday

It's probably not going to be worth the time. Lynnhaven Pier is closing for the season at 11:30 pm Sunday/ October 19. Not much going on at the pier tonight. Seems last weekend it for good fishing there. Only speckled trout hit on Wednesday, I believe. No more spot, etc..........

Not sure about the Va Beach oceanfront pier. Nor Seagull. Nor Willoughby Pier. You might benefit more by staying closer to home to fish.

I'm about done for the year. As some would say, "it's a wrap."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts