Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - just a quick post to let you know I arrived home safely with no glitches after spending quality time with a wonderful group of people. What more can I say, it was a privilege to meet and spend time with yaw’l. I only hope you enjoyed it a much as I did.

Just about jet lagged out now so God bless all. Until I arise again like a phoenix from the ashes of an exhausted man may your casts all be long, straight and safe. BB

·
Registered
797 Posts
backcastnig tips...

neil, thanks for the reel. as soon as i get some line on it, look out. your observations of my backcaster were very encouraging. see you in the record books.

ralph

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello there smoking partner!
Thanks for the instruction-great time.
Can I bother you to tell me where I might find a kit that
might contain all those goodies you use to make those
nice fishing rigs? I saw one on the Veals website, would you
recommend it?
Thanks again
Gordon

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Gordon - good to meet you too.
Okay, rigs: the kit will be fine, but it will NOT have the double crimps I use. My local shop does have them however as we sort of figured the double crimp thing out together. I can get them to put a starter pack together complete with the double crimps, but you will need the right pliers. Cabela and Bass Pro have them but they are around $30 a pair.
Anyone else want a set of bits I can get them done at the shop - Marsh Tackle - in a few days.
Sugestion, I will sort out a set of bits to make a selection of say three different traces, four of each and cost it out excluding the pliers and mono and get back in a day or so. I will also throw in som line drawings of rigs I use.
Being away is great but getting back to a pile of work is a pain! Take care all - BB

·
Registered
681 Posts
Jedi

The force is truly strong, you read my mind.
Neil I'm interested also.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Blackbeard !!!

I like making my own rigs. Is a set of bits the same as a bunch of pieces? :) We are going to buy enough stuff to make 12 rigs? Can we get double that amount? Will the pieces come in one of those plastic boxes to keep the pieces separate? And the price? I am interested!!!! Do you have a specific model # for the crimpers to use, from our shops? :D Thanks, Larry.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey guys, it's 8am here and I will be down at the shop this morning to get you a price for a pile of components - and box - to make 12 and 24 rigs.
Yes, a heap is a good as a pile - if you like roses.
Have fun - BB

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks Neil,
The kit sounds great. I'd like one to make 24 rigs.
My Paypal account is already setup or we can arrange payment any other way you suggest. Could you get it to include some of those pretty little salmon and lime green beads?
Thanks again
Gordon

·
Registered
680 Posts
niel. glad you made it backwith ease. i wanted to make it the second week also, but got invited to go to cooperstown, n.y. to the baseball hall of fame. my grandson was in a tournament and i just had to go. i,m very fond of that boy. i had a great time at the clinic, but it seemed short. hope to see you again soon. i am, also interested in that 24 pack. will get back when i see you have it ready.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'd like a 24 rig set please.

·
Registered
262 Posts
24-rig set !!!

Hey Neil!! A 24 rig set sounds good to me. I got the old style(but brand new) Sidewinder from James, and I like it. It is not as stiff as my Vmax F1. Thanks, Larry. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.