Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,Back from my week of fishing in Vero Beach. I satrted out fishing at Fairlane harbor and got a few small snook and one keeper on red 1/8 jig and clear gold flake power grub.Snook is the best tasting fish I ever ate.I then went to the Barber bridge,fished with live shrimp.Got a sheepie,Jack Cravell,and some small Red Snappers.Went back the next day with more shrimp and did get a couple of snappers big enough to eat.There were alot of bait robbing fish there and 2 doz shrimp didnt last long.A friend at Fairlane let me use his canoe so I went out in the lagoon to a spoil island and did some wadeing.Got one nice trout about 20" and some smaller ones,and a catfish.There were some small Black Tip sharks around not too big only about 24" they were easy to catch on cut bait and fun on light tackle.I had surf equiptment along but didnt make it out.I fished about 6 days and was happy with the results.I hope I can come down and fish again soon,I had a great time,thanks to every one for the help. This is a great board. Iowabohunk

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Glade you enjoyed yourself in Vero and the Sunshine State iowabohunk. Let us know when you return and don't be a stranger on the board.
Good Luck

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Repair, Thanks for the tip.I can allways use a new spot to try. Are there some good public places to go like a pier or bridge? It will be a while befor I can visit again so I have time to reserch it a little. Thanks again for the tip. iowabohunk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.