Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got skunked this am :( ,just a few blues 12 inchers. Saw a few small pompano landed by
fellow anglers but thats about it.The water
must have been to clean. Maybe I will give a try later today or in the am. ;)
T------Lines

Kozlow

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Where exactly are you in Florida? I'm getting skunked here in Georgia, repeatedly. I haven't caught s$*t since I got here. I'm thinking of going to Florida in the next month or so. I'd like a cooler full of pompano, whiting and trout if I could manage it.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Probably the area you're in. I've been thinking of moving to California or Florida. Of course, wherever we move, the beach has to be nearby. So, I am thinking of going down your way in my explorations. Good fishing is a priority in my decision making. According to Mapquest, it's about 5-6 hour drive from here, so I'll be looking into it.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you plan on coming this way let me know we
can try to fill 2 coolers. :) Once you get the the itch to fish location is always a
priority.Im sure you saw on the link there's
water all around and great fishing as well,
and winter never comes.Not like up north .eek: :. :Im originally from Pittsburgh PA. so i love it here never going
back.

Well let me know if your trip takes place.

Tight----Lines

Kozlow

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I caught a few small pompano this summer in Myrtle Beach, but I'd like to catch some bigger ones. Lately, it's been too cold to catch anything. Today I had to settle for castnetting mullet. Caught enought bait to fill the freezer. Couple small pinfish and croaker came up with them, but everything else has hightailed it south. I have a feeling the fish are smarter than I am.

I'd really like to find a job in the summer working a charter boat as a mate. I suppose I'll have to pay my dues fileting fish for tourists, but oh well. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Emanuel
You might if you come down this way stop at the Port of Canaverl at some of the charters
there.Just a suggestion.

T<--------->Lines
Kozlow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts