Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished from 06-11 this AM. The currents were strong and holding bottom was difficult- everything was walking to the north. Tried a variety of baits, but the fish just were not cooperating. However, we did manage one small pompano on FB and one 27" puppy on a shrimp. The sunrise and weather were beautiful...

·
Registered
888 Posts
Fished from 06-11 this AM. The currents were strong and holding bottom was difficult- everything was walking to the north. Tried a variety of baits, but the fish just were not cooperating. However, we did manage one small pompano on FB and one 27" puppy on a shrimp. The sunrise and weather were beautiful...
nice job on the pup, me and steve w hit damneck this afternoon had to work for them but we managed 5 nice spanish and some blues, current and waves issue last couple days ten ounce holding on the heavers, no runs this afternoon was good time

·
Registered
277 Posts
O800-1700 hours-nadda... Did have shark on for one jump but she cut through heavy mono and took everything... Perfect weather...

·
Registered
466 Posts
Good job on the pup my friend, I hit BBNWR yesterday morning and only managed two roundheads, one spot and a skate. Current was still pulling North and 4oz was barely holding.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Tuesday 1700, until dark...nadda. Perfect weather, bait,3 heavers out plus grandsons with bait rods fishing...not a nibble

·
Registered
277 Posts
0800-1400...grass and more grass. Fishing BBNWR teaches character and perseverance...and the creative use of the English language.

·
Registered
6 Posts
0800-1400...grass and more grass. Fishing BBNWR teaches character and perseverance...and the creative use of the English language.
We fished from 10am to dark. Grass made it impossible for the heaver and bottom rigs. The grass started clearing up as the tide came in. Managed one decent spanish and a couple average blues.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts