Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the beach with the family in tow this morning. After a quick check of the forecast, it looked like it was going to be ideal conditions for a drum this morning. We arrived to find this:

Absolutely beautiful day out there. :)

Got there with nothing but FBBW's and it took a while, but I got 1 spot for bait. Got the head and a chunk put out and waited. The head produced this fella:

26.5 inches. Decided to let him go to get bigger under the premise that if we catch another, he's dinner. Sure enough, this nice 24" fish came along shortly thereafter:

Fried him up with some House Autry and redfish magic seasoning, with baby red potatoes with fresh parsley and garlic butter and some Jiffy corn muffins. :beer: Had a great time with the family even though the boy got a bit fussy toward the end. Left them chewin' at about 12:30. No big boys to speak of, but a great day all around. :) Can't wait to get back out there next weekend.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
Looking good..

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Nice one Terry. The one Charlotte and I kept a few weeks ago from down there was cooked up with some reheatable in-a-bag Morrocan curry. Went well together.
How far down didja go? About 1 mile south of the second walkover are some fantastic holes...

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Nice pups Terry! Glad the family had fun.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
thanks for the report,and sharing the pics !!! I'll be done with my move and back in the suds shortly.:):):) tight lines...

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the report,and sharing the pics !!! I'll be done with my move and back in the suds shortly.:):):) tight lines...
I plan to be out again Sunday. Forecast is calling for E/NE 5-10. I'm hoping it's a little windier than that, but I'm happy it's got the easterly wind forecasted. Can't wait. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts