Pier and Surf Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
I wonder if those Mercedes are like an Audi (I think it was an Audi. Definitely an expensive import). I pulled one out of a ditch this winter . It took a while to figure it out but there is a little panel on the bumper that you pop open and there was an eye bolt in the glove box that screwed in . That was the tow point. Crazy

·
Registered
832 Posts
I wonder if those Mercedes are like an Audi (I think it was an Audi. Definitely an expensive import). I pulled one out of a ditch this winter . It took a while to figure it out but there is a little panel on the bumper that you pop open and there was an eye bolt in the glove box that screwed in . That was the tow point. Crazy

·
Registered
301 Posts
Volvos have the same thing but I think that you need a special T-hook that you push in and turn

·
Registered
497 Posts
I found the tread. Latest addition to my surf fishing equipment, By Ronald Levin. This is the guy with the expensive AWD cross over, Biiiggg tires and was getting a 17' to 23' rod for casting to England. LoL. :beer:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't have experience with BMW but as long as they have decent ground clearance & tire sidewall to air down I think it would be fine. We've had my wife's Range Rover Sport on the beach, it's AWD but has a pretty good "terrain response" that will allow you to select sand & it does ok. The clearance is OK with the OR ride height selected.The main problem with it is with the 20" factory rims there's not a lot of sidewall to air down.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts