Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about making the trip down and fishing all day Saturday around Avon, Buxton, and Frisco depending on how the Red fishing is. Any good reports?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Will be a very crowded next 4 day .... The Cape Hatteras Anglers Club Team Tournament will be tomorrow and Friday with around 600 fisherman, then a tournament on Saturday for individual fisherman .... But the big Drum are there along with the Blues and some nice Sea Mullet .... According to reports, Tommy Farmer's wearin out the big Drum ....

·
Registered
830 Posts
Blow fish are as thick as I have ever seen them. I am loading up the freezer. Also some unstopables around. Lost three rigs on my heaver today. Saw a couple sharks landed but there are some you cannot slow down on a heaver.

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Blow fish are as thick as I have ever seen them. I am loading up the freezer. Also some unstopables around. Lost three rigs on my heaver today. Saw a couple sharks landed but there are some you cannot slow down on a heaver.
You have that right about the blowtoads.. Bigguns and plenty of em..

·
Registered
830 Posts
Everywhere we fished from 34 to 43 we caught toads. Also lost another big fish on 10 lb test line today. Fish broke surface shortly after hookup. Looked like a big drum. Has anybody ever seen a drum do this?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Plenty near Avon as well..
Caught some nice toads and whiting thru week. Sharks were unstoppable south of Avon pier today on heaver. Did see one come up to the roll in the wash but got away after guy had both hands on tail. Thing was huge. Any idea what kind of sharks? Knarly rows of teeth. Also saw a humpback the past two days playing around. Never seen that so enjoyed. Fat Alberts came within casting range Wednesday but no hookups.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Caught some nice toads and whiting thru week. Sharks were unstoppable south of Avon pier today on heaver. Did see one come up to the roll in the wash but got away after guy had both hands on tail. Thing was huge. Any idea what kind of sharks? Knarly rows of teeth. Also saw a humpback the past two days playing around. Never seen that so enjoyed. Fat Alberts came within casting range Wednesday but no hookups.
Gnarly rows of teeth, gotta be a garbo. Tis the season.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts