Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at Atlantic Beach this weekend. I don't know the area, so will hang out at Oceanana Pier if the locals or bait shops don't provide any other prospects. Any Hotspots anyone care to share?

Grabbed a few spots and croaker before checking in, but would love to get on some trout or drum. A small pier or dock near some grass flooded at high tide is where I think I need to be. Is that right?
Got any ideas?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hate for you to not get a reply.........I have for the most part decided I fish on the OBX or nothing. I possibly could have helped you a little on Oak Island fishing. Ask questions. Most people are very helpful.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It worked out fine. I caught at least 40 off the pier on Friday; 20 keepers: spot, whiting, croaker, and a pomp. I was satisfied with that.. I think I could have done the same on Saturday, but stuck with caught croaker as bait, trading up for something bigger. That didn't happen, but it was a good trip. Best bite I've had this year. No complaints.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any inland public piers and docks in Oak Island that you would suggest for someone without a boat? I know veterans park, but that's all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts