Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be down Aug. 18-22 for work. Needless to say the fishin gear will be in tow. Is there any kind of action happening now?

I'll be staying at the Sherriton and probably mostly fishing in and around there. Gonna try pin rigging for the first time, but I think I'm going to stick to their pier so I'll at least stay out of the way of folks that know what they're doing. Feel free to stop by to point and laugh anytime, I'll have cold beer available.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Was just down there for a few days chillin with some buddies. fished from the beach for a few hrs on sat and got blanked. took the YAK out SUN AM and caught two spanish and a small cobia about 200 yards out, all caught on a sting silver.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We got 21k and some change in the first allocation and just over 33k in the second. We're only going to be able to fund 3 contracts out of the first draw.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just got back and not really too much to report. Random spanish and blue (all small) trolling the inlet, caught a few flounder drifting shackleford and lots of small sharks. Surf fished Ft. Macon and not much happening, caught a decent black drum then everything dissapeared for the last two days except the pinfish.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
are you putting a cap on it? I think Rick did wells with the first and did $3000 or 75% whichever came first and $1500 for the pump?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was just down there for a few days chillin with some buddies. fished from the beach for a few hrs on sat and got blanked. took the YAK out SUN AM and caught two spanish and a small cobia about 200 yards out, all caught on a sting silver.
Hey man, what's up? Haven't seen you on the Trybe in a while.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
are you putting a cap on it? I think Rick did wells with the first and did $3000 or 75% whichever came first and $1500 for the pump?
We put a 600' cap on wells, and 25 acres for pasture renovation. That way the total costs for each contract would be pretty close to each other.

Still gonna piss a bunch of people off though.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got back and not really too much to report. Random spanish and blue (all small) trolling the inlet, caught a few flounder drifting shackleford and lots of small sharks. Surf fished Ft. Macon and not much happening, caught a decent black drum then everything dissapeared for the last two days except the pinfish.
Thanks, Rob. I'm not expecting a ton of action, just mostly something to do to dodge meetings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts