Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The trout fishing was slow this past weekend caught about 2 dozen mostly at or under 14" only one quality sized trout so he got let go too. I did get this guy though which pretty much made the whole trip worth it. Other than that caught some small flounder and a few blues.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am far from an expert or even just average but the lure looks like a sting silver... 1 1/2 oz ...just my guess... Likely wrong

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is actually a lure I made using the do-it minnow spoon mold. This particular one is the 1 ounce painted white with sliver tape and silver 3d eyes. The mold does 3/4 ounce, 1 ounce, and 1 1/2 ounce. I also made the rod that I caught it on. It is a batson rainshadow ISA1266F blank with microwave guide set. I was the only one on the beach who could come close to reaching these guys that day so it was awesome. I was reeling the lure as fast as I could and the explosion on the surface when he hit the lure was amazing. He had me stretched across the entire inlet at one point but I was able to recover my line before any boats came through. The power this fish had even swimming against the current is crazy.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nice catch indeed... Cool that it is all on gear you made.

Hitting Emerald Isle starting Sunday.... Somewhere in the 4000 block of ocean drive... Will see what we can find.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts