Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're planning a beach outing next Saturday at Assateague. I fished there last September and had a blast catching sand sharks. I appreciate any advice on what's biting. We're coming from Annapolis

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Sharks, rays, flies, kingfish, flounder, typical stuff. Maybe a wandering pompano. I caught some there around this time last year, the water is certainly warm enough this year.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I stayed there overnight on the 14th (?), arriving around 11pm and fishing until about 5am...lots of small whiting.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I love being at Assateague. I can't say that it's the fishing. I always tent out...and I'm never in the tent. I always fish overnight. I don't do great. However, the visual, the sound...the loneliness...it all adds up to a great adventure. It's about as alone as I've been able to get/be in the U.S. The morning bite is good. Better than the nighttime bite. l need technique, but it is what it is...

Please let me know when any of you guys will hit hte beach and I will try to meet you there. Love...Love...LOVE being in the darkesss of Assateague.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts