Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at just before midnight here, I sit and ponder "why are we going fishing"? Then I remember the words of my wise wife who always says "Bob you're crazy". Don't know how bad the snow is gonna be, or what it will look like when the alarm goes off at 6am, but anybody who is still going, let me know, I am going to stop off at work first thing 7 am if weather or roads are bad (hell guys I am up for a promotion so I gotta make myself look good, and besides, I'm crazy, not stupid, play the system), so if even one person is up for it, I'll be there by nine or I'll call IF&H and get you the directions if worse comes to worse. If you get there and I am not, go inside and just ask any of the friendly local folks behind the counter if Bob has called. I'll let you know how to get to the spots, or they would probably let you call me at work.

One thing is for sure, after I make myself look good for a little tomorrow morning I am gone fishing.

Have Jeep will travel. :D

Oh yeah, and if going drive safe.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Don't know about everyone else but me and Jason are very likely to go. I'll give you a definite answer in the morning.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I am still in. A little bit of snow don't scare me.:D

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We still figuring on 9 at IF&H?

No real snow yet, but supposedly it's coming.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Wish I could go...

...But have to do some work at home finishing up some briefs for my conference presentation next week.

Where did you say? SUNNY SAN DIEGO!

I'll try and get in some fishing or at least send back some fishing photos...72 degrees and sunny...

Enjoy the ice fishing! ;)

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, all three of us at least hooked into a finned friend. Anthony got a yellow perch, me a couple of pickeral, but the only pic is that of FL with his pickeral (notice, two different gloves).

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
LOL

Yes the different gloved goon!;) The reason for it was because the black glove was too bulky. It was blocking my reel from spinning. Thanks for taking us out Shaggy! Thanks Anthony for killing all our minnows and the only ones left in the state of MD!!:p LOL Later!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
My bad. Some were still alive :p . We still caught 3 more fish that I thought that we would. We're gonna have to do it again when it warms back up.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Glad to see somebody caught some feesh today. Was gonna go catfishn but a buddy gave me a canoe today.:eek: At high tide I can launch it from my backyard. Gonna try yellow perch fishing soon. :cool:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Nice, that ya'll got some fish. Sorry that I didn't make it but my lazy butt didn't get out of bed till 12 noon.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Trigger

Guess I gotta get you fishing :cool:

Soon as we can get some minnows over here, I'll let you know (if we got open water), but pm me with the ol Jambalya(?), Super Bowl Sunday is just around the corner. Got my crab dip makings, shrimp for the barbie and the ol' stew (if one can call Jambalya a stew) may just go pertty good with the rest of the "aquatic menu". Oh yeay, got some nice oysters to pick up for "half shelling" Saturday.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Be trying the scampi tomorrow for dinner, and the Jambalaya looks like the icing on the cake for Sunday thanks L. Geez, two recipes, looks like two fishing trips weather and bait permitting. I am thinking about driving down to AI to get my annual park pass (ORV permit still good until April), and maybe, heck if I go I'll be checking out the beach.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
The Jeep is makeing a strange sound,it doesn't sound like it's commin from the engine but from somewhere around the transfer case, got to check it out maybe next week.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Well, that is an eerie one, 'cause mine is making a sound when I depress the c, and I have an appointment next week for her at the mechanic. Thinking pressure plate, cause I just had that replaced with the engine. Let me know what you come up with, or when I get mine in first I'll let you know.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I have a hard time putting it in frist gear and I think it's the pressure plate,(original clutch with 194,000 miles) I know I will have to replace it some day but first I need new shocks and rubber.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts