Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't seem to find many fishing reports here anymore. Leads me to believe that we're just talking about the fish that we used to catch or the fish we wish to catch :D

I dyin to get my feet in the sand and hit the surf but work dictates that I only get to read and see picts of what the fortunate ones get to do. So, PLEASE post your fishing reports...good or bad. And PLEASE post some pictures. Hard to believe that there're only 7 pictures posted for the summer of 2003
:jawdrop:

Thanks,

GF

·
Registered
309 Posts
Here's a fishing report for Seagull pier. On Sat. I fished it from 1 pm untill 1am. Fishing could not have gotten any worst untill BOOM! a cobia hit some guys line. It took him 30 min. to land and was 49 inches and 32 lbs. It was his first. It hit around 3:30 (little after high tide) It hit cut bait (menhadden) on the bottom. It was fun while it lasted but the rest of the day was dead. But there's always next weekend. Good luck fishing.

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
G F-been a really weird year so far....as far as the weather and all this rain we have received.......so far......

Everything's been running behind.....I have yet caught a legal flounder on my buddy's boat-but have netted 5 so far(20+ inches each),on the surf or @ the jetties.Truley odd...only kept 1 from the surf last year.

I have been rigged for cobia-but luck is not on my side-so zilch on that species.

All the larger chopper blues that I caught have been in the late spring-while catchin them nice size weakies.Even though the jetties @ lil Creek had some citation blues a couple of weeks ago-all I seem to catch are just the small taylors,when they are feasting on menhaden.Stripers were also in the mix.But CNR was all I saw of them.

The good news is that due to the Ban or regulations(not too sure)regarding seine netting menhaden for industrial use.I am glad to see at some of my old fishing holes the abundance of menhaden that has re-appeared

The Specs were a NO show in the spring,where I usually fish 4 them,but I have seen and caught some decent(nuthing to brag about) Specs @ Chixs.It was odd when I have caught them.Water temps in the mid 80's,incoming tide.slow current and get this during the middle of the day.Nevertheleast-bait fish was always abundant when I have hooked up with one.

Puppy drum-Never missed them last year at this same time,but have yet to land any,yet.Saw some schools of pups @ Ruddee,during the weak fish blitz there,but never inticed them enough to take the bait.They would follow your lure all the way to your feet,on the rocks....And then swim away.

I have yet fished for croaker and spot-well not to brag about anyway.I have been supplying my buddy's amberjack trips when he needs them.I have been catchin them from his dock.No size.

The only action I have worth talkin about this summer has been the Spade fish....but that's another board.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.