Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

Billr said blues where hitting at Cape H. pier. Are they still on fire.? What about weakies any sign of them yet? Be working in Glasgow De. this Saturday. If opportunity present itself Like to hit pier before heading home. Any info is appreciated.

Great Fishing................ ;)

·
Registered
680 Posts
JT. know more tomorrow. i'll let you kmow. no trout so far. an occassional stray. sat. hi is about 4:30 so if you get here around one? who knows. ;) ;)

·
Registered
680 Posts
JT. yeah, they are still here. caught them this morning. they were hitting mullet and herring.tell larenzo to bring his net.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I went there today and they caught a ton of Blues;all the Blues you want.I hope the water warms up so I can get them Trout.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Greeting Fellows

Thanks for reports......
Biilr, E-mailed Lorenzo But haven't heard from him yet. He's probaly tied up with work. I thought he would have tested the waters by now. He and I went to Ohio tro visit his brother early this year. He mentioned maybe fishing for flounder early this season. But time probaly wasn't on his side . Quite sure we he gets a chance to fish the fish better watch out cause he's good....... ;)

Happy Papppy.......

Nice report wish I could have been there Also.I too am waiting to hear about the trout coming in like the blues........ ;) ;)

·
Registered
680 Posts
JT. the water is about right. it could be any day. when they show i will shout. after i get a few of course. i keep about 7-8 each year then it's catch and release.

·
Registered
680 Posts
the fish are still there JT. tell larenzo to get it in gear. a 7-8 lb. trout caught today plus a really nice one lost. then the rains came. :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I'll probily come back next week;then they'll be there.I'll be wearing a black Maryland,NY Yankes,or Baltimore Ravens hat with a fishing mate jr. cart.May'be I'll bring chicken or pick up some fresh peelers(if they're in :confused: ). :cool:

·
Registered
680 Posts
i know that R & R have some nice peelers, but as usual at this time of year they are small. next week i go to the national long cast tour. the trout are here but are slow. maybe next week they will be ready.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Greetings Biilr and Happy Pappy,

Glad to hear fishing is getting about right. Didn't get to make it to pier today. Got all to work (1 1/4 hour from home ) them had to return north because of emergency. So of course didn't make it to the water. Billr talk Larenzo last night he was planning on fishing but talk to Jerry today said larenzo had to hold off. Well things arte falling in place for me now Planning on definatly going down Wed. after work and finally test the waters.(Lord Willing). got some frozen softshells Think the still will intice a fish? also will be using chicken and most important Luressssssssss.............

Great Fishing................. ;) ;)

·
Registered
680 Posts
JT. i just got back from pier. midnight. met larenzo and fished with him. caught a lot of shad and some trout. larenzo said your just had baby. congradulations.look forward to seeing you. the trout are hitting so you should have fun.jigheads did the trick. you know what i use. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
680 Posts
NIGHT. it's calmer, quieter, and a lot less people. the worst thing is when you catch fish certain types have to edge you out or when you take a fish off to release it the will jump in where you were standing. they are so stupid they think that is the only place to cast and catch fish. don't get me riled up. see ya.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Billr.

Yeah that was my emergency on Sat. So now its over hopefully get to test waters soon. And I beleive i surely understand about others intruding your space!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Fishing!!!!!!!!!!! :( :(

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I notice that people can be perticular about where they fish;and don't want to share a spot too mutch.I've notice some people come down to the water with attitudes;especailly at Roosevelt Inlet.And, you see some of those boats comming to the pier to fish it.I mean they have The Wall,The beach ball,the lighthouses,and other good areas out in the Del. bay to fish,but they bother shore fisherman at the pier.One day, someone will nail them with a 3oz sinker :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've seen jetty and rail fishermen hit the sides of drifting boats with lures/weights in the IRI. It's only a matter of time before for a really serious injury happens.
The IRI is getting more dangerous each season. Too little space and more fishermen each year.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I think people wouldn't be so mean if there where more places (piers) to fish. There are not alot of places in Maryland. And there also crowded with ignorant @ssholes. Fishermen are suppose to be the most friendliest people. Fishing is suppose to be relaxing, and enjoyable.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
You run into ---holes,wherever you go anyway;I hope the weather is good,and conditions are right,so I can catch a big Trout next week. :confused: I might try fishing at night too ;) .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts