Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Alright you got me motivated to knock out a few. I am using some new synthetics that I just got last week. Have not seen them in the water yet but I really like the way tie. I am getting major flair from the ball on the banana head jig so I may lay down a few more underwraps to get a more streamlined bait. My goal for the bottom one is to match a blue back herring but it is looking more like a bunker profile. The material is so long I decided to try an ell sized jig too. I think I need some olive colored material to get the color right but I think I got the profile down at least.
Bait Fishing bait Fishing lure Artificial fly Surface lure

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice work! Yeah a thread base might help. Also a touch of super glue or UV glue if you have it in the beginning of the hair then pull it into the profile you want works, too. Anything else takes too long to dry for me. Will be hard of course but hey they're not gumming on it anyway.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I have not tried the thin yet. THe thing about penetration is that the light would also have to penetrate to be able to cure so the thin is more for giving a thin gloss coat not penetration. If you do want to go that route buy a cheap UV led flashlight from ebay. Any of the ones based one the 501b flashlight in UV will work. The standard white flashlights are great to have too so I just got a few of the rechargeable batteries plus the UV and a couple of the white flashlights all pretty cheap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.