Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Action heats up in the upper bay,I fished Reedy point(4/2) and caught 3 schoolie bass...14,17,20 inches all caught on blood worm.Saw others caught including a nice 37 inch.
Indian River and the beaches should be getting ready to give up some meat.
White perch available in the tributaries....
Them Blue fish are right around the corner....

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
DP,

Thanks for the info. I have not heard anything about trout being caught yet - Have you?

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Thanks DP. I'm looking for that 9 pounder at IRI this year!

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Will that be in 3 weeks?When Trout Smack is on I'll be there.Will night fishing be good when they first come in around Late April? :rolleyes: :confused:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fished Indian River by boat sunday a.m.
caught my limit of stripers.a 25 inch and a 30 inch.Both fish on storm wild eye shad,saw 8-10 fish caught best sucess live-lining shad.all caught on incoming.I did see a few caught on shore also...
dogwood's are a blooming trout smack should be soon!!

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
From Bills shop

"Striper action is really on the rise and fish are showing up everywhere. Henry Barlow caught 2 stripers, 26 and 30 inches on white bucktails and white worms in Indian River Inlet. Dave hossed in a nice 37 1/2 inch 19 lb rock at the Coast Guard Station on a bucktail and yellow worm. Nathan Tanner, Mickey Payne, and Timmy Barnett took advantage of the last days of the open season on the Nanticoke and limited out on nice stripers including a 21.57 pounder for Mickey, a 23.04 lb for Timmy, and a chunky 25.65 pounder for Nathan."

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fished Woodland Beach 4/13 arrived 6 a.m. top of the high tide got 3 0f those striped rascals 29,27 and a 25 incher.all fish caught on bloodworms.Lost another that felt BIG.
Had my limit by 7:30 a.m.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
From Bill's Sport Shop:

" Indian River Inlet also yielded up some stripers to those willing to brave the weather. Don Halverson brought a 32 incher to the rail on an eel fished by the Coast Guard Station. Roger Williamson reeled 5 sripers in with the largest hitting the scale at 17 lbs. We had a few other reports of striped bass being caught on cut bait and storm shad."

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got a fat 34 incher on 4/15 from woodland beach
caught top of the morning high tide on
bloodworm

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Sue Foster's Sunday Report:

"Fishing Report by Sue Foster

The few that did go out did little in the surf and bay. The only productive spot was Indian River Inlet where some anglers braved the weather to pick up some stripers with bucktails with white curltail grubs attached, Storm lures, or cut herring.

Sunday was a nice day. Here's a post from Sea blast from Café Locale who fished the Indian River Bay and Indian River Inlet on Sunday: " We tried the flounder thing with only 1 skate and about an 8 flounder.
Drifted the inlet with some cut herring and nailed them. 5 stripers 22 - 31 inches. All caught on the herring."

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Delaware DNR Report for April 14th:
"OCEAN – While heavy winds, strong rains and high seas kept most of the boats in the marina, and made it nearly impossible for even the shore fishermen to get a bait in the water, the action should be on again by this weekend. Stripers were reported in both the surf and along the jetties at Indian River Inlet before the stormy weather moved through and should be back on a feed by the weekend, if not earlier. Tog fishing is also picking up for anglers soaking green crabs and frozen fleas in the jetty rocks along the north and south shores of the inlet. Flounder reports also have been good – especially for this early in the season – in the inlet, with fishermen scoring on legal fish around the entrance to the South Shore Marina, the Burtons Island Slough, the VFW hole and back in Masseys Ditch."

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bubba its 8 miles east of Smyrna on rt 6
Coming from the south on rt 13 turn left at th Wendys and go east till the road ends.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts