Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there anyfish biting down near N.C because all i have been catching is some black drum here and there....if anyone has some tips on other fish that would be biting (and hooking) and what they use to catch them it would be a great help..tnx
:p

·
Registered
291 Posts
hmmmm i dont fish NC this time of the year but i would guess stripers would be around. I am reading reports of them up and down the beach of obx. Maybe just choose i spot that you think would hold them then start walking south from there. I do this to since i cant drive yet. I would probably use like a 9 or 10 foot surf casting rod and cast hopkins lures to them.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks alot i will try some of those lures when ever i can get to wall mart or dicks thanks alot ;)

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Geeze Brandon! Sure is strange how you somehow manage to detect the troll. Are you on troll patrol or "something?"

Ever consider trading that shark behind you in for a new improved model. One that can really get to the point. And take the lead out. Hows about asking for a loaner from Kozlow (member 1499). That'll put life in anyone. And answer the question, "Anything Biting?"

BTW: Did you ever complete lesson #2. If you think you are ready, I have lesson #3 waiting for you. :D :D

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings All!

Dang it ... I wanted to be the troll! Maybe I could get some pointers.... (Does this mean there are no black drum biting in NC?)

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I guess you will have to be jonesing off of someone else or another state. :D
The trool still tries to live on.
Kozlow

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Manayunk Jake,I haven't heard of any drum but their are stripers to be had.(Just not by me :( )Saw 2 caught this weekend and one in a cooler that was at 35"+. Me Skates Skates well you get th pic. :p

·
Registered
22 Posts
Was at wrightsville beach a fews days ago. There was only 1 drum and a sting ray. In the morning there was a lot of trout. Sheepsead at snow's cut.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i went to snows cut(right under the bridge) and i didnt have one single bite!!would you mind telling me what type of bait or lures you were using..and by the way..the drumm was 5lbs and yes there are drum in nc. try wrightsville beach right by the jettys or on the sound side or go to snows cut(i didnt have to much luck there though)

·
Super Moderator
10,102 Posts
This is the first post I've tryed on here,heregosnothin...... :D
They caught 3 big drum near the buxton point area,water temps have stoped that though. There were scattered specks caught,as well as pups,caught one keeper.. Saw a couple of nice stripers caught as well,false point.. A friend of mine had one in his cooler at the point,caught on south side..
I don't know who's trollin and for what,but there were a few fish caught this weekend,caught mine last weekend.. ;)

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Drumdum ditto on the welcome & keep the reports coming.It's great to see a local post from "Gods Country" , tell all of your fishing homies about the P&S board so we can get some more reports. It seems like most everyone else that posts on the N.C. board are like me, living here and wishing we were there!!

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Hey DD, thanks for stoppin in! I think this NC board could use your input. So far, Cdog has had the most input, but we know how his luck has been lately...... :p

1 - 20 of 33 Posts