Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
spsp reprot Sun. 10/12

fished the beach with my girl from 10pm till 3am. Low tide. Beautiful night to be out, warm, no wind, no bugs and a clear sky with a bright moon. Almost didn't need a lantern. Fished with night-crawlers (the 7-eleven was out of bloods) and proceeded to land 2 small spot and a baby croaker. Used the cut spot to land Blue after blue from 9' to 19 inches being the biggest. I had something I thought was very strange happen. I caught a decent blue that had gut hooked himself. Since he was dead "I thought" I decided to cut him up and use as bait. So I cut off his head and go to remove the hook, only to have this blue fish head(yes just the head, no body) clamp down on my fingers with full force.:eek: The look on my girlfriends face was of pure shock then enjoyment as I tried to shake this monster's head from my hand.:eek: :pIf not for my fishing glove I know the bite would have broken skin maybe even worse, The force of a blue fishes bite is unbelievable even if the fish is body-less. :)

·
Registered
766 Posts
have you looked into a blue fishes mouth, dear lord why would you stick your finger in there even with a glove??? In case you didnt knotice its all teeth!!!!:confused::confused:

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Fished the Point on Friday, 5 to 9. Nothing was biting except my son did catch one 2 1/2 inch croaker. The fish was so small I don't know how he hooked it. I'm thinking the water volume was too much, dunno otherwise as everything else was in the zone. I didnn't notice anyone else catching either.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Fished the Point on Friday, 5 to 9. Nothing was biting except my son did catch one 2 1/2 inch croaker. The fish was so small I don't know how he hooked it. I'm thinking the water volume was too much, dunno otherwise as everything else was in the zone. I didnn't notice anyone else catching either.
Thanks for the report. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIMXE6Yss9E

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
we to sandy point and matapeake this morning snaged a bunker with a plug. live lined that and ten minutes later i hooked something and it spooled me in 30 seconds

1 - 16 of 16 Posts