Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone fishing the inshore in NC/SC or GA using a jig like this? made in 1/8 & 1/4 oz on a tinned 1/0 hook. I'm wanting to know if anyone has used something similar and whether they had any success with them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I found one similar and I think it was made by zman and called a skimmer jig. It's suppossed for shallow water and flats I think. I never really used it but where i found it, I talked to the guys whose it was and he uses them often. This is lowtide by bridge debris in less then 4ft of water fishing for reds and trout.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found one similar and I think it was made by zman and called a skimmer jig. It's suppossed for shallow water and flats I think. I never really used it but where i found it, I talked to the guys whose it was and he uses them often. This is lowtide by bridge debris in less then 4ft of water fishing for reds and trout.
Thank you for that reply & information. I poured and tied that jig, but had never seen anyone using them. I know they're a popular style in the FL Keys, but otherwise had no idea if they're used anywhere else. I looked up that ZMan jig, and the jig part is similar, just with a different type of skirt. Thank you again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts