Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of talk about catching stripers on bloodworms and clams but nothing mentioned about anyone using Purdue Peelers for fishing this weekend. Anyone try them and have any luck - or is this a secret weapon? :eek:

·
Registered
680 Posts
i guess i'll have to tell you about this. a couple years ago someone got the argument going as to who had the the best . perdue, tyson, mountainaire[then townsend], or road kill.it's now up for debate. that's why i use artificial. :) :eek: :p :rolleyes: :confused:

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe that's whey we marinate it in shedder oil before we use it! :D

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
sure you could catch salmonella. But you could catch it in the kitchen as well. Wash hands after handling. Don't stick hands in mouth.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
If you're using chicken breasts, just keep a small thing of hand sanitizer in your bag and use it after each contact.

The only time I mess with the stuff is during trout season.

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
I only use Perdue Peelers when there are trout in the area. Blues will also tear them up. I never gave Salamonilla a thought but I guess it's possible. I've been using raw chicken for crabbing for years, the same with raw liver for catfish and haven't had a problem. What about all those blood baits for cats? I guess I'll continue to play stupid and just enjoy fishing the way I always have.

Catman.

G

·
Dollar Tree sells a 100 pack of disposable gloves for $1.00. Well worth it for the penney a piece and reduced risk of infection.
Might also want to pick up a dollar pack of rubber bands too. I put them around my wrist to help hold the gloves in place.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts