Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Several people use them as backups, since they don't have to be refrigerated. They seem to work okay on panfish.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts

Black Drum
My son caught a 75 lb Black Drum last Wed. in Vilano Inlet using shrimp and Crab flavored FishBites.It took 40 minutes to haul in and he couldn't revive it for release.
03-14-2003 06:58 AM

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Dang it son...now thats a nice fish....on store bought bait to boot. Man what a fish!!!:jawdrop:

·
Registered
210 Posts
KOZ_Looks like good bait for the shark pit!!!

Really feel bad about your car--pisses me off to no end. Not like fishing on the beach is life in the fast lane.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
That was not my car . That was a report from another board from someone who was down there fishing bonsteel. His car was broken into along with a few others.

·
Registered
39 Posts
They're standard fair for whiting and pompano along the Gulf coast -Padre Island. Use em' with peeled shrimp-also use them alone. Found in most Wal Marts here but not cheap.

·
Registered
147 Posts
i used the blood worm fb last summer with mixxed results at plo it seemed that we caught mostly smaller fish on the fb .i froze what i had left im gonna try em on freshwater trout just to see what happens ..

·
Registered
281 Posts
The strips work. I tip jigs and plastics with them and they make a difference. I even put a strip on one hook of a bottom rig. Got as many fish on the strip as the shrimp and cut mullet.

·
Registered
210 Posts
they work good later n the year when the water is warmer (blue bag) BUT i just got the cold water formula (red bag) and we shall see if they work. there suppossed to be fast disolving. last year i tried regular fishbites and didnt catch a thing till it got warm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts