Pier and Surf Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I never made it to any of the gatherings even though I really want to make one on Hatteras Island and yes those were the good old days of the internet fishing web sites.

Orest, I had both of my ankle joints replaced, 1 in '16 and the other in '19. I joined the YMCA to rehab the first one in their therapy pool. I walked laps from one end to the other for an hour as many times a week as possible.

The second one I bought a stationary bike and that worked well too. I did check with my Ortho surgeon who told me both methods were fine but before you try anything like that I would seek council too.

After 8 - 10 years of limiting how and where I walked (which really affected my wade fishing) I have to say I finally feel "normal" for a 64 year young guy.

Good luck in your recovery

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
I never made it to any of the gatherings even though I really want to make one on Hatteras Island and yes those were the good old days of the internet fishing web sites.

Orest, I had both of my ankle joints replaced, 1 in '16 and the other in '19. I joined the YMCA to rehab the first one in their therapy pool. I walked laps from one end to the other for an hour as many times a week as possible.

The second one I bought a stationary bike and that worked well too. I did check with my Ortho surgeon who told me both methods were fine but before you try anything like that I would seek council too.

After 8 - 10 years of limiting how and where I walked (which really affected my wade fishing) I have to say I finally feel "normal" for a 64 year young guy.

Good luck in your recovery
Thanks.

I'm hoping I will be able to get back to trout fishing. Once the knees got back, I was so un stable and you don't want that when walking a trout stream.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Orest,

Hopefully the COVID restrictions will be gone before Spring. I know a lot of great places to trout fish in Western MD and the North Branch of the Potomac on the MD/WV border. Out there, 20"+ sized fish are quite abundant.

One thing though- Waders, studded wading boots and wading staff are "must haves" for safety.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yep, been on the site for quite a few years, just not very active lately. I did enjoy some of the Spring Flings though. Orest, what was that dish you'd bring that was so good? I remember when North Beach was being boycotted by this group too.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I am still kicking in spite of what the doctors said! I recently bought a 17ft CC so I am now a cheater! o_O:rolleyes::). I was cleaning out the family room and "found" a couple of blue yonders, a penn 525, and about 4 penn spinners. I must have been serious about that surf fishing life! It is good to see so many of the old guard present.

Reactions: bigjim5589

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Every now and then I reflect on the colorful members on this site from the good ole days. Some of them like Hat80, Nsearch4Drum, and the like. But one member I do think about alot is BayFisher. He is one weird dude, but for some reason, I pull for him. I hope is okay.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Been on this site for 15 years. All of past flings had calendar and schedule conflicts. Most of my fishing is out of Solomons, or from Asseteague, or OBX. Retired now and if there is another fling after this pandemic, I will be there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
BigJeff823 is still here;The site wont let me use the old name so!I'm on the southern end of The Chesapeake Bay and using the boat to find some Gator Speckled Trout,Red Drum,and Stripers!I don't get excited about posting things on the internet any more!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts