Pier and Surf Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I never made it to any of the gatherings even though I really want to make one on Hatteras Island and yes those were the good old days of the internet fishing web sites.

Orest, I had both of my ankle joints replaced, 1 in '16 and the other in '19. I joined the YMCA to rehab the first one in their therapy pool. I walked laps from one end to the other for an hour as many times a week as possible.

The second one I bought a stationary bike and that worked well too. I did check with my Ortho surgeon who told me both methods were fine but before you try anything like that I would seek council too.

After 8 - 10 years of limiting how and where I walked (which really affected my wade fishing) I have to say I finally feel "normal" for a 64 year young guy.

Good luck in your recovery

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
I never made it to any of the gatherings even though I really want to make one on Hatteras Island and yes those were the good old days of the internet fishing web sites.

Orest, I had both of my ankle joints replaced, 1 in '16 and the other in '19. I joined the YMCA to rehab the first one in their therapy pool. I walked laps from one end to the other for an hour as many times a week as possible.

The second one I bought a stationary bike and that worked well too. I did check with my Ortho surgeon who told me both methods were fine but before you try anything like that I would seek council too.

After 8 - 10 years of limiting how and where I walked (which really affected my wade fishing) I have to say I finally feel "normal" for a 64 year young guy.

Good luck in your recovery
Thanks.

I'm hoping I will be able to get back to trout fishing. Once the knees got back, I was so un stable and you don't want that when walking a trout stream.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Orest,

Hopefully the COVID restrictions will be gone before Spring. I know a lot of great places to trout fish in Western MD and the North Branch of the Potomac on the MD/WV border. Out there, 20"+ sized fish are quite abundant.

One thing though- Waders, studded wading boots and wading staff are "must haves" for safety.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I am still kicking in spite of what the doctors said! I recently bought a 17ft CC so I am now a cheater! o_O:rolleyes::). I was cleaning out the family room and "found" a couple of blue yonders, a penn 525, and about 4 penn spinners. I must have been serious about that surf fishing life! It is good to see so many of the old guard present.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Been on this site for 15 years. All of past flings had calendar and schedule conflicts. Most of my fishing is out of Solomons, or from Asseteague, or OBX. Retired now and if there is another fling after this pandemic, I will be there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
BigJeff823 is still here;The site wont let me use the old name so!I'm on the southern end of The Chesapeake Bay and using the boat to find some Gator Speckled Trout,Red Drum,and Stripers!I don't get excited about posting things on the internet any more!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Had cookouts and fishing at Sandy Point, many a time with people from MD, DE and VA on AI. I might need at least one more outing to the Choptank. Hell, I 61, can't cast like I used to, but be fun to get together.
Throwback Pier and Surf Spring Fling 2012 at Sandy Point

Reactions: brob757

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
I definitely have been MIA as well ... still fishing when I can. Raising a young family and increasing career demands really made it difficult to dedicate quality time to fishing. There was a time (9-10 years ago) when I could fish for 2-3 hours on Sunday morning every other week or so but then even down here on the Lower Eastern Shore shore based fishing locations can get crowded especially as many have been lost. The past 8 years I only manage to get out about three times in the Spring for the perch run and maybe 4 times the rest of the year which includes taking the family on a charter trip up and down the Tangier Sound. I call it "going to fishing school" for my retirement which will hopefully be in a few years ... and will include a boat for the first time :)
Seeing many familiar faces (avatars) and the names really brings back the memories of those fishing trips and meeting different folks all over the delmarva region. Glad to see so many of you all still at it and in good health !

Reactions: bigjim5589

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I remember the White Bucket Boys. They were some serious fishermen! Fingers and Claws sold me a rod once. Bayfisher was one of my favorite guys too. Hey Big Jeff!

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Guys,

This year I fished every Wednesday at AI or on the DE beaches with my wife and my new 2019 4Runner. I'll be available after this COVID prob is cleared up to meet ya’ll at AI for some fishing.

Still would like to meet and head out to Western MD for some really remote trout fishing.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Guys,

This year I fished every Wednesday at AI or on the DE beaches with my wife and my new 2019 4Runner. I'll be available after this COVID prob is cleared up to meet ya’ll at AI for some fishing.

Still would like to meet and head out to Western MD for some really remote trout fishing.
Yes that is a good looking 4- Runner, like the color!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.