Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bring lots of bait! Th crabs are awful. Fished friday night an saturday evening for a total of 8 hrs an used a bag an a half of bloodworms, half a box of squid and almost two dozen mullet with only 3 bait sized spot an a 10" white perch to show for it. But on th plus side I did see a 20"+ rock caught by someone else 10 min after they got there.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Cdog said:
bring lots of bait! Th crabs are awful.
I would love to catch some of those "awful" crabs.

I don't know where this place is, could you tell me?

Thanks!

Bob

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Anyone planning on bait fishing Indian Fiealds

HighCap56 said:
I would love to catch some of those "awful" crabs.

I don't know where this place is, could you tell me?

Thanks!

Bob
LOL my buddy an I joked we shouldve been crabbing not fishing. Indian fields is a creek on th York river on th Colonial Parkway.

·
Registered
691 Posts
any size

Hey Cdog, any size to those crabs? Legal? I would LOVE to get a bunch of them for Tautog bait. I have another trip on Tuesday and Wednesday for 'em!!!! Lemme know

Zigh
><((((*>

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zigh, I don't know th regs on crabs but th one that my buddy snagged was easily 6" tip to tip. They must be thick cuz a cast would have a crab on it within 30 seconds. I'm sure some chicken knecks on th sand bar would get ya some. :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
SWEET!!!!!

Thanx..... I believe it's 5" from tip to tip. I may very well go out there 2morrow and get some together. That Tautog fishing is way to FUN not to go do again IMMEDIATELY!!!! Also, we may have an opening on Wednesday if you're interested Cdog?! I'll let you know 2night........

Zigh
><((((*>

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Hey.. I live in VB .. Still learning my way here and there as I have only lived here for 2 months.

Can you give me the name of a business that is close by that area so I can get a map for directions off the web?

What town is it in?

Thanks...

Bob

(Don't know about the fish bait potential for them, but I would love a pot full for supper. :)

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Zigh, look foward to hearing from ya.

Highcap56,I am not good at giving directions but I'll give it a go. Th Colonial parkway runs between Jamestown and Yorktown. Coming from VB take 64W to th 17N exit to Coleman Bridge. Follow 17 till right before th bridge an take th last exit on th left. Go to stop sign an take a left, go up hill an take a right across from th visitor center. Go to stop sign an take a right an you are on th Colonial Parkway. Go on down until you come to th first turnout before a bridge on th left an that is Indian Fields. Its prolly a hr or so drive from VB. Hope this helps. If not you can try an do a search on Duke of York motel. Thats in Yorktown.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Thanks CDog!

Does anyone know a place nearer to VB that has crabs (reminds me of the high school stadium bathroom!) this time of year?

Would love to go to Indian Fields but am meeting resistance to that journey today from my "boss" who pointed out that I was gone all last night!

Maybe I'll just lock her in the closet and go anyway!

Thanks again for the directions. I am sure I can find it.

Bob

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dog!!!!! :) :) That was a gift from above, my dad is 83 and just moved here this year. He caught rockfish from the James River Bridge 40 years ago (now a pier) with a cane pole and lure. This is the first he has caught since the 60s. This was the biggest 20 in. fish i will ever see. We will neve forget this one!:) :) :) :)

Shoreline & Dad

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SHORELINE, didn't want ta steal ya thunder.Believe me I was happy ta meet ya a coulpe nights ago an defintely happy ta see your dad hook up!:) Congrats on th fish! :cool: Hope ta see ya out there again. :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
hey cdog, was it an older colored fella? if it was, i know how you feel, he did that to me a few times, shows up catches 2 keepers and leaves...

man that just hurts sometimes...lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts