Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't realize how hard it has become to find Sufix Tri Plus in certain colors and strengths.

I've been looking for a new line, and was leaning toward the Momoi Hi-Catch. Then Drumdum posts a thread that shut the door on that idea.

So now I'm looking at other copolymer lines, especially the Momoi Diamond and the P-Line CXX X-tra Strong.

Both seem a little thicker than the the Tri.

And both cost about $40 more for a 1lb spool. :mad:

I've found several posts about the Diamond, but very few about the CXX. Can anyone give me some feedback on this particular P-line?

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Been using it for a while, like 7-8 years. Let me know if you find the 1 lb spools in 17lb fluorescent green. It is a bit expensive but I like it better. Oh the spools I have of P-line are made in Japan and the spool of sufix is made in china (oh I never really liked the Plus).

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't find the 17lb in 3,000 yards of Fluorescent Green anywhere, either.

If you find a source, please let me know. I'll do the same for you, OK.

The other line I was looking at is the JINKAI.

But the JINKAI is even more money than the CXX.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I fished XXX for years in fresh water on all my baitcasters... have a 6500 spooled with it now and am satisfied with it so far... don't know where to find it in larger spools though... I've been using Momoi Diamond in 50# for shockleaders and am satisfied with that also... am considering that when I run outta Tri+ as it's easy to find in bulk spools...

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
I can't find the 17lb in 3,000 yards of Fluorescent Green anywhere, either.

If you find a source, please let me know. I'll do the same for you, OK.

The other line I was looking at is the JINKAI.

But the JINKAI is even more money than the CXX.
Well, I got bored and did a little searching for you guys. It looks to me like Basspro has it in 17#, 3,000 yard spools for $80, but it does say delayed delivery. Says it will take up to 2 weeks, or something like that. The only other place I could find a 3000 yard spool of fluorescent was ebay, and that was only 12lbs. Here's a link for the p-line at basspro.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_30714____SearchResults

I think that's the line you guys were talking about.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have been using that line for a few years, and have no issues with it. I like the 20# line. It's soft and great for casting, IMO.
I've used the 25# in the past, but it's just too much line. :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
I put 20# on both my surf sticks this past summer. Flour yell/green. I like it and have had no issues with it so far. I got it on sale on a 1/4# spools at Sportsmans Warehouse. My go to in the past has always been Ande pink. I too wanted to try some of the copolomar stuff. I'm not a fan of braid for the fishing I do. The Suffix does look good and hear nothing but, good about it.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
during my mono years i've only used momoi, p-line and jinkai.
the p-line has a bigger dimater compared to p-line and at 20# the momoi has the thinnest diamter of all three.
never had any problem with p-line.
jinkai is one hell of a line, you can't go wrong with either.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts