Pier and Surf Forum banner

anyone going to the Tank?

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Brackish Boy 
#1 ·
I may go on friday depending on the weather. Is anyone else going?
-Anthony

#2 ·
Anthony...Going to do the boat thing this weekend. Hope you have a good trip to the Tank and hope a school of stripers come through like they did last weekend for us. If you can get some peelers you should be able to get a few stripers.

Catman.

#5 · (Edited)
Island Fishing and Hunting, bloods $6.75 (2 dozen limit). New owner, ('bout a year) tell them what you want and he'll get it. Lost my tip to my rod, didn't have one that fit, but by closing time rod fixed. Good home type people. Peelers, clams, bloods and "good folk". Say high to Stevie D and tell them Bob sent ya.

Exit before the Narrows bridge, (the one before the exit that takes you to the old draw bridge), party tent rental, nother business), easy on easy off or visa versa (easy off easy on).

#9 ·
Island Fishing and Hunting bait shop hours are 5am - 7pm,catman I told the owner the last time I was there that I was telling everybody about his bait shop on the site, take exit 40s,well it's right brfore the Kent Nerrows Bridge,make that right and look to the right(peach colored roof). Good people and honest they know about :---> Anglers. TRIGGER

#10 ·
Thanks Trigger. Just getting ready to leave the house and do the boat thing today. My wife and grandaughter are going so that nixes any serious fishing today. If I can mark some fish off of Sandy Point or across at Love Point I'll anchor and let them enjoy a long, long lunch while I drown some bloods for perch or croaker. Thinking about getting a portable DVD player for the boat so they can watch a movie while I fish. Hope they don't want to go out too often.

Catman.

#11 ·
You and the wife and little one have a good day,some of us have to work,this time next Sunday I'll be in Alabama with my son(orientation) to the college he's going to be attending this fall and will have a few days away from the college to do some (brim)fishing with alter-lite gear,I won't be back in town until Friday 18th,got to put some mileage on the new truck:D ,got to see how it rides on a long distance trip.:cool: TRIGGER

#12 ·
Greetings catman!

The way I used to keep my wife and daughter entertained was to bring along some handlines and a long-handled net for crabbing. The wife and kid will have fun, even if they're just catching "throwbacks." Of course, you'll have to man the net as the crabs come in, but at least you can leave a rod or two in the water while doing it. Use frozen bunker for the crab bait (cut in half), and you may be surprised at how many fish are attracted to the "chum." Of course, the biggest crabs will go after those expensive bloodies on your line(s), but at least you'll have a net to land the bait theives!

Take plenty of pics, enjoy the outing, and let us know the results!

#13 ·
I think I may try and hit the 'tank this Saturday. I'll probably bring a couple of crab nets and the gaff for rays (speaking of, I'm selling the gaff cheap if anyone is interested--I'm going over to drop nets).

Probably not much there this time of year, but I haven't fished there in awhile and figure it's time to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.