Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been fishing there the past few times and really enjoy it. I just haven't had much luck. Was wondering if anyone is going tonight that might be able to show me what I am doing wrong? New to the sport but am hooked. pardon the pun.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
vbng,heres a article under th How to section on th left of your screen.Bottom fishing

Might have some info you could use.As I have never fished lynhaven I can't comment specifically to there but general baits for croaker would be squid,shrimp,bloodworms and cutbait.Spot will hit bloodworm an blues will hit th cutbait.Good luck to ya. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have found the people in the tackle store at the end of the pier a great help, as well as asking someone you see catching fish. A polite "You're getting some great catches, would you mind sharing your secret?" Most fisherman on a pier are happy to give the info and some will even share some of their bait. If you ask at most any tackle store, (Lighthouse tackle would be the closest) they can tell you all the info (hook size, bait, artificials etc) and sell you some if you want. Good Luck. Today's novice is tomorrows Master.

Glen ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I will be arriving late tonight to fish the night away. Look for a couple of loug guys with a green cart. bait caster

·
Registered
14 Posts
hope to get out there tomorrow morming before 8. will be the middle aged woman with white shirt/blue flowers. p&s shirt hasn't got here yet. stop by and say hi i have yet to meet anyone from the board, or if i did i didn't know it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts