Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
i've fished there a couple of weekends now and it seems to me that i caught more fish during the day throwing lures than at night. i stayed there one night all night and no fish were really on the light line breaking. i caught all of them on the other side of the small bridge in the current thowing a 3/4 oz flourescent green head with yellow hair shad dart.

i only caught a couple keeper fish, but most of them were small fish. i was using a light action rod with 8lb test. i was there for fun moreso than to keep fish. the small ones are fun to catch.

i don't get people bottom fishing for rockfish there. i catch the same size fish they catch casting jigs, and i catch more than they do. those people throw those big chunks of bunker out there only to catch the same size fish i'm catching. it's comedy to me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i caught spot there the last time i was there ( about a week ago ). they were nice ones too. i just tossed out some razor clam and caught a few to take home. i've caught trout there before, but that was last year when the small blues are there along with the dinks on the light line.

·
Registered
113 Posts
OldSalt::cool:
Thanks- for clarifying that one for me. I have only been there once and that was about 4 years ago on a party boat. So I will look for the last exit before the bridge headed south and give that a try. Do you fish this area much your self? :cool:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.