Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather looks great Fri & Sat. Anyone heading down to HI? Looks like a few pups and a few big drum might be around. Maybe a few trout. Wish I could get offshore but I don't think that's in the cards.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Staying in Rodanthe. Got here Tuesday night and fished Wednesday and today with both days producing two to three dozen pups , mostly on the incoming tide. Wednesday they only wanted two hook rigs with orange floats and fresh shrimp. Today they hit two hook rigs with fluorescent green and red small beads and fresh shrimp. Most are in the 16" range but did manage a couple 20's and one 24"er. We will see what tomorrow holds in store.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Flounder gigged it last night

The weather looks great Fri & Sat. Anyone heading down to HI? Looks like a few pups and a few big drum might be around. Maybe a few trout. Wish I could get offshore but I don't think that's in the cards.
Had no luck on the flounder but if you got a shallow water skiff and want some drum action, head to the dredge island. Target foot or less of water in the grassy areas and you will find a large school on incoming tide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts