Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wonderin they were catching a few when the water was warmer. now that we finally have cold temps the bite should be better.

·
Registered
194 Posts

DrumRunner:
I fished off of 14th St. Bridge last Sun. for 4 hours and guess what??!! Not a BITE... Try large and x-large live minnows heard that was workin
a little better than eel and peeler. Well hey if you go give me the 411 and i'll get
down there in a couple weekends if it's good.

·
Registered
225 Posts
hey,

i work for the city doin ems... we cross the 14th st bridge all the time. yesterday... fri that is.... there were 3 boats under the 95 bridge didnt see them gettin anything but we were just drivin by. ya might want to check it out.;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
IS the 14th st bridge the one that passes over Mayo Island? I've fished off of Mayo Island a few times, mostly during the spring shad run last year. I didn't know stripped bass were still in this area this time of year. Cool. Much shorter drive than to the beach!

Dtw

·
Registered
20 Posts
Appomatox River

been fishin the Appomatox river right at the fall line (petersburg one side, colonial heights the other side) and have been consistent with rocks in the 4 to 5 lb range on live and dead eels casting up river and letting the eels drift down have to be careful, lots of snags seems best on a incoming tide, eels seem to be the ticket no luck with other baits, of course this is south of the 14th street bridge but close enuf fer me

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bonito

have you ever tried under the bridge on the walkway??

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fished this morning 12/9 from 7:20 to 8:30 caught nothing but they are in there still i hope. going on a little charter maybe friday night out of deep bottom. post after i go..

·
Registered
225 Posts
yes, the 14th st bridge is the one that crosses on mayo island. there are always people on the rocks there too but thats a little dangerous. i see people there all the time. most of them are goin for cats with cutbait off the bridge. all the striper guys are either on boats or the rocks. ive had luck down there with eels. live or dead. also the shad run there in the spring is crazy there are TONS of them.:D :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have fished tat area for the past few years and have done fairly well with Storm Wildeye Shad. Another good place to try is the Dutch Gap area. Y ou can reach it by going to Henricus Park and following the trail behind the gift shop.

That trail will take you for about a 4 mile loop along the river and by the barge pits to the hot ditch for Dominion Power. There are plenty of docks and places to fish from the bank. I've caught some pretty good size bass and srtipers back there,and if you've got your girl with you can always take a dip around the outflow.:D

good luck,

Darren

1 - 9 of 9 Posts