Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply wambo

Unfortunately I didn't make it out last night. I was too worn out after giving my cat a flea dip. Darn cat of mine.....I thought he liked me. I guess not at the moment I dipped him in that bucket of water and solultion. What a workout I got.

I'm about to leave now for Harrison's or Lynnhaven. Not sure which one yet.

Thanks again Wambo.

·
Registered
206 Posts
i was out at lynnhaven til about 8am. there were fish bitting but i wasn't able to catch them. i did get a lot of baby strippers in the lights using blue. not much happening. if you were out there i probly saw u. well til next time.

i fish because i don't work

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Didn"t make it out to Lynnhaven til arond 7 something in the am

Not a real banner day. Fished from around 8 am til 7:30 pm. A lot of small stuff. My son caught a few nice spot and a couple ok size croaker. As for myself, well I ended the day with 2 ok size spot and that was about it. I kept some small size roundhead...a few for bait and the other small ones will hit the grease one of these days. Not much happening for other anglers either. Just a lot of small roundhead. 4 fat flounder were pulled up. All went back due to lack of length. Things that make you go huhm. One late evening trout caught off the end on crab. Oh yeah, my son had the chance to see a bluefish in action. On his first day of using a gotcha plug, he saw a blue follow it to the pier. He didn't hook up though. Maybe next time. Thanks to the nice guy who gave my son some pointers on how to work that gotcha. He's now hooked. And that's worse than the obsession he has to get a blue.

I met a fellow P & S member. I fished next to and across from flytyer . Didn't realize it til we mentioned things that board members had posted. And yes, I behaved myself.:rolleyes:
Thanks for the roundhead flytyer. Although the blue got to him first, I will definitely enjoy what was left of him when he was pulled up. Who needs a crunchy fried tail anyway!

Oh BTW after you left, everyone of the remaining original morning anglers started pulling out, including my son and I. After braving those winds the entire day, my guess is that the cold wind was finally getting to everyone. Chilly day indeed. You missed my rare fish of the day. During one of our pitstops when heading off the pier, I pulled up what was described to me as being a yellowfin menhaden. It's suppose to be very good bait. Won't know though.

Sure is good to be home. After standing the entire time I was there, 1 believe 10 hours, and holding my rod the entire time.... I am wiped out. This is it for me. The end of three days in a row of fishing. But who knows, I might just go back out there tomorrow. :D

That's my report for the day y'all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts