Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody eles here live or do a lot of fishing around Wilmington? Im a student at UNCW and spend most of my free time fishing. I do most of my fishing at the South End at Fort Fisher.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I do all my pier fishing just south of wilmington on Oak Island.

Tight Lines

Tim

·
Registered
911 Posts
Raptor

Yes I live in Wilmington,,, If ya need a fishing partner, and I mostly have alot of free time.. Get with me if ya don't mind a cool 40 year ole fogey... I live over at shipyard and CB rd don't drive but... PM me or e-me at [email protected]

·
Registered
12 Posts
not from wilmington but chapel hill, new to the area and thinking of a little day trip down there this week to take a look. are *all* the piers pay-to-fish? what about lesser known piers yaupon beach, holden beach, ocean isle, and sunset beach pier? what about the northern cape fear piers, or should i go more north to where the recent post announced the specks biting...surf city? any good? would like to go to a nice pier and see what the locals are doin'. btw i found this nice site for nc piers:

http://www.ncoif.com/htdocs/piers/map.html

it's a nice overview. also bringing the gal and baby along and good cheap place to eat?

any recommendations appreciated,

solid!
james

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think that Kure fishing pier at Kure Beach Is the best "family" orientated pier. (No beer or "likker") Best of my knowledge there are no "fish for free" piers alnog our coast. Each pier has its good points and maybe bad points. There is a family type pier at Morehead City/Atlantic Beach (Oceanana Fishing Pier ) that used to have free fishing for folks that stayed at the motel. I haven't been there in ages but the price seemed reasonable at the time. Hope this helps some and good luck.....Pal

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wilmington here we come

The wife and I are relocating to Wilmington we got lucky - My wife was able to get relocated there and I work out of the house so it worked out nice. We have been in Raleigh for 5 years and I have fished from pier and surf over the years in Wilmington on weekend trips. Now that i am going to be living there I need to get serious and find my spots! I worked the Fort twice with no luck but hear its a good spot. I will be getting some kind of fishing boat in the spring but I need to fish almost everyday! Any time or place and I am there if the bite is on:D Thanks for any info
Mark

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
i go to uncw as well and fish all the time. fort fisher has been one of the better spots we've tried so far. what year are you and where do you live (on campus?). you can catch me on aol IM if you want. my name's nodook4me13.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I lived in the Wilmington area for years. It's been a long time ago, but my favorite fishing memories are from that area. The inlet fishing there is great. From the jetty at the south end of Wrightsville around into Banks Channel behind the island has always yielded good catches for me. I had a jon boat when I was there and I would enjoy drifting the outgoing tide from the bridge down to that inlet. (put in at the boat ramp and follow the creek into Banks Channel.) The freshwater fishing is real good up on the Northeast Cape Fear too. I lived on Crystal Pier while there and also fished from the beach at Ft. Fisher. They do a lot of flounder gigging around there too. As far as I'm concerened, that area is a fisherman's paradise. I don't know if I could get my classwork done if I were a student at UNCW.

·
Registered
10 Posts
im from wilmington!!!! your a bit older then me but so is everyone else in this forum......i go to hoggard, 10 grade....fish mostly down by the north end of cb, cb and kure beach pier, and wrightsville surf

1 - 11 of 11 Posts