Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received this a while back for helping a buddy move. He said he got it while stationed in Italy and that is all he knows about it. I've been told it's a crappie rod from most people around here (Hampton roads) but had another navy friend say they use them for carp over there. He said the writing may be Korean. It seems to me to be an underspin casting rod. It extends to a little over 11ft and is VERY soft. Was thinking about putting a little 1 or 2000 reel on there once I figure out what it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All the guides are the same size, which is why I thought a baitcaster would be best. I'll have to check out this "google.com", I sure didn't try and try and try to find out what it was on there before posting here...... (sarcasm). The last time I searched for it I used "Chinese/Japanese telescopinbg carbon rod" bc I hadn't heard the Korean suggestion yet. And while I did find a few sites with similar pics, none were in English or able to be translated by Google. And nothing showed a picture with a reel mounted on. I was really looking to see what reel would best fit it and what type of rigs/bait to use with it. Looking forward to seeing Dave's Korean chicks though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.