Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WIll anyone be heading out tonight? I want to go after work but i dont really know where i want to go. I was thinking NB but all the reports of the Horseshoe Crabs has turned me off. WHere are the fish biting? Someone let me know and ill see if i can swing that way.

MC

"Remember, The further you cast the longer it takes to bring the big ones in." ;)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
NB will be a madhouse tonight with the good weather today. I did ok there Sunday, HSC's wern't to much trouble...see post below. The bite has not been real good anyplace from what I've seen. I wonder if they finshed Breezy point pier yet? Might be worth a try, all I know is I have to wet a line someplace. Goodluck and tightlines

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Hat80,

I think i will hit Breezy Point after work. Im going to give them a call to see if the Pier is done. Even if it is not i will fish from the beach. I'll start there and then maybe head to NB if its not to crowded. Is there somewhere to fish near Calvert CLiffs? I wouldnt mind going there after fishing BP. Hey Hat, if you are coming out ill be down at BP around 6pm. Let me know if you are coming out.

MC

"Remember,The further you cast the longer it takes to bring the big ones in." ;)

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm up for some fishing tonight, too. Is Breezy's beach a better shot than SPSP's beach?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Rugger,

Breezy Point is cool but you have to leave at dusk. Also the water is not very deep a good distance from the pier. If you fish the beach area try to get as close to the fence seperating the beach and the private property. It seems to be a hole of some sort out there.I might just head up to SPSP if the traffic isnt to bad. I dont keep my gear in my truck so i would have to go and get it.

MC

"Remember,the further you cast the longer it takes to bring the big ones in." ;)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Last year the Rangers in the office at BP would let you fish until they closed the office. I think it was 10:00pm on weekdays and 12:00am on the weekends. Has this changed?....Tightlines

·
Registered
720 Posts
Where exactly is Breezy Point? Is it close to NBP or SPSP? I would like to get some fishing in during this nice weather. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Well, I think I'm gonna head up to SPSP and try to beat the traffic by getting there around 4.30... there's always the old College Parkway traffic dodge. Anything showing there besides croaker?

I think I'm going to break out these Fishbite bait strips that the folks at that company were kind enough to send me as samples-- they sent quite a few of them, so I'll give them a shot.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
It's about 6 miles from NP, heres the dir...Tightlines

From I-495 (Capitol Beltway) take Exit 11A, Route 4 South/East. Take MD Route 260, Chesapeake Beach Road approximately 9 miles to Chesapeake Beach. Turn right on MD 261, proceed 5 miles and turn left at green road sign "Breezy Point" onto Breezy Point Road. Then 1 mile to "Breezy Point Beach & Campground".

Breezy Point

·
Registered
720 Posts
Thanks Hat. I just found some info about this place. Is it true you gotta pay to fish at Breezy Point and SPSP? Any place where it's free that's close by?

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
close by depends on where you live and your profile doesn't say where you are.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Hat80,

I just got off the phone with the folks down at Breezy Point. The pier is up and ready to be fished. It costs $5 to get in their though. I dont know if i want to pay that much today just for a few hours of fishing. I think im just gonna hit NB since i can fish all night. I'll save BP for My day off that way i can go early in the morning.

MC

·
Registered
720 Posts
Actually, I'm really close to Mont. Village here in MD Husky. I'm just trying to find a place close by to fish. Point Lookout is too far of a trip unless you plan to camp out overnight. Only place I've been this season is Fort Smallwood and was force to spend the night cause the park closes at 6pm and doesn't reopen til 8am. There, they charge per car and not per person. Anyways, thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
270 Posts
On the quickest way form ALX in traffic...

Now I get this wrong sometimes, so pull out your Annapolis ADC or maybe one of our Annapolitans can chime in and backstop me here. I know how to drive it, but I might have some of the street names off, lol.

Take Rt. 50 to Rowe Blvd (State House exit). Make a left at the Navy-Marine Corps Stadium, then the second right. Take that past the Severn Pier and down to St. Margaret's Road. Take St. Margaret's to East College Parkway, which will take you to the Rt. 50 service road (north side). Take that right to the park and laugh at everyone sitting in endless Bridge traffic as you go by at 45mph.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Hey MC, I just checked the tides. I think I'll head that way after rush hour and fish till midnight or so. I'll be the guy with the Radio Flyer piercart but sounds like you'll be there first....Tightlines

PS: Hey Husky you comming? It will be Friday night at the Circus...LOL

Tides for Chesapeake Beach starting with May 30, 2003.
Day High Tide Height Sunrise Moon Time % Moon
/Low Time Feet Sunset Visible

F 30 High 4:18 AM 1.7 5:44 AM Rise 5:19 AM 1
30 Low 11:27 AM 0.5 8:23 PM Set 8:11 PM
30 High 4:23 PM 1.0
30 Low 9:40 PM 0.4

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Hat80,

I will look for you on the pier. I will have on all black and i will have a Fish-n-Mate Cart. Hey Husky, You coming down? I guess NB is the spot tonight.

MC

1 - 18 of 18 Posts