Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering what the conditions are there and what can i expect to catch there.what weight sinker holds under normal conditions ect. i'm planning a trip down that way and want to know what to bring.

·
Registered
3 Posts
if you go behind the seabee unit by gate 4 you will catch alot of nice croaker and spot. just use your standard bottom rig with a 2 oz. weight with squid and bloodworms

·
Registered
224 Posts
I fish the pier out there in the fall. I caught about 50 stripers out there total last year. Lures work much better than bait. If your good with a cast net you can net live mullet and put them on a float rig for big stripers. You have to go late at night to avoid the crowds and those dumb bottom riggers.

·
Registered
72 Posts
hey Brandon, which base are you speaking of and where? I am retired navy and can get on any of the bases, I would love to hit them stripers there. Help me out will ya......

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
ive caught more on those DUMB bottom rigs than you coulda ever imagine [ BRANDON]:p you use what you use and ill use what i use sometimes it s hard to teach and old dog how to drink out ta new bowl :D

·
Registered
634 Posts
there is a fishing pier next to where the carrier's are docked..its a nice pier...also hear the stripers run in by the helo pads in fall..

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any of you guys willing to show me the ropes? i wanna fish the surf i'll be there on 24 sep. that is if you don't mind being seen with an army vet. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts