Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 2 canoes and a wild hair to try a new creek, my wife's boss got 83 fish out of in the last 2 weeks....and he did it from shore. I want to hit it with the Canoe. Prolly will leave here around 9ish, fish til whenever. Just bring your poles and pitch in for gas (jk)

Gimme a call!

Tory
757-303-8416

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Couldn't find a buddy last nite, so I stayed in....:(

But, I may go tonite if it's not too windy. I'll know by dinnertime. anybody interested, give me a call or shoot me a Bmail.

A little wind aint too bad up in the creek, and usually makes for better fishing. It also seems to keep the motorboat traffic away.

tight lines

tory

·
Registered
117 Posts
Where are you looking at going? I have my Kayak on top of my car and will drive from Richmond down to the tidewater area around 4:00 (that is when I am leaving Richmond). I want to get into some Speck's, Striper, or Red's. However if I dont find anyone to yak with, I will probably end up under the Lesner Bridge just fishing from shore. Anyway let me know if you are interested in Joining and finding some protected water to fish. I will PM you my number.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
where are you looking at going? I have my kayak on top of my car and will drive from richmond down to the tidewater area around 4:00 (that is when i am leaving richmond). I want to get into some speck's, striper, or red's. However if i dont find anyone to yak with, i will probably end up under the lesner bridge just fishing from shore. Anyway let me know if you are interested in joining and finding some protected water to fish. I will pm you my number.
meet me at my house at about 8pm. In n.news. Should be about 45min from richmond. Call me for directions.

Tory

757-303-8416

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
You guys are crazier than a sh*t house rat going out tonight. I'm no wuss to cold weather, but temps in the low 30's with winds gusting over 30mph off the water has made me report to the local watering hole rather than being underneath the water in a hole...:D

Skunk

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You guys are crazier than a sh*t house rat going out tonight. I'm no wuss to cold weather, but temps in the low 30's with winds gusting over 30mph off the water has made me report to the local watering hole rather than being underneath the water in a hole...:D

Skunk
haha...Welllllll.....

we went. we were in a Clacka driftboat. it was blowing steady 15-20, gusts to 30+. We were Ok and managed 3 fish until we headed back in with the wind IN our faces. The spray froze to the front of me and I got a bit chilly. Got in at around 1pm.

We also went last nite, and Keezy brought his SWMBO along. It was cold, but calm....so we took the canoes. we paddled from Dare Marina down the creek and then mad a u-turn and headed out to the Poq river past the line of duckblinds and osprey perches. Keezy got 1 fat 18" rock. The rest got skunked. I think it is finally too cold in the creeks for the rock.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Many thanks to VA Boy for introducing me to winter nighttime fishing. It's good to know there's someone as crazy as me out there!

Too bad the fish are gone, Mrs. Keezy will have to eat turkey for the rest of the week.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, 5mi of paddling for 1 fish....and you didn't even have the decency to let the wifey catch it.

Anyhow, I want to try a little catfishing up your way. Do you think they are biting at nite?

Also, we are planning on trying to canoe a few new places. I'll keep you posted. Got a new creek to try, as well as figuring out if we can hit the hrbt somehow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts