Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Warrior
Your good.... yes that's the va beach pier..i'm still stocking up on gotcha's

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey Andre when did you hook into that bad booger? I have a hankerin for some holy mackrel tuggin. My gotcha is close to forgetting how to swim. :p

·
Registered
500 Posts
So you're telling me that spaniard was caught this year on the Va Beach Pier? That fish must have come up with frostbite. It's still at least 10 degrees too cold for 'em to show up here. Haven't even heard of any bluefish yet.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This guy was caught last june ..my reels are ready too ..has anybody ever catch one on live bait ? :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
I could tell by how wide the planks were that that was the Va. Beach Pier!! Have you ever seen me out there, Im always cobia fishing with my buddy, but when the spanish actually decide to show(Last year was a horrible year for me, I only caught two)We pull out the ol'clarks,and gotcha's and wear the a$$&$ out, year before last I caught like 45 in one afternoon blitz, it was bonkers,of course there were blues in the mix, but you can't beat a Streamlined Chrome w/Chartreuse head with black dots gotcha pluck it looks just like the Silverside that they blitz!! I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU OUT THERE THIS YEAR!!LAYTA

TIGHT LINES ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Oh yeah Andre, Try a Straw Rig, if you can stumble across one, I've found that out there even when they are'nt blitzing, that you can manage a straggler or two by just fooling around, while waiting for a blitz,It's definately a fun Sportfish to catch, usually when I deck them I give them away but, when you have like 20 tourist around you asking you what kind of fish that is while trying to sling a gotcha equipped with very sharp treble hooks it gets to ya' ANYWAYS HOPE TO CATCH YOU ON THE PLANKS THIS YEAR!! ;)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Warrior
I do remember see this guy cobia fishing in the left corner a couple of times...what's a staw rig ?..45 in a blitz Man I WOULD HAVE LOVE IT ..I have an aqua-vu underwater camera-in that left corner again one nite i saw about 20-30 small trout I tied on a spec rig and had a blast for like the next two hours. later Dre
p.s. when do the pier open up ? :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts