Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about going tomorrow, live in NN. Anyone got any advice, or know of anywhere that may produce? Never really been catfishing before, so any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

-tory

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Check out the Rt 5 bridge in Williamsburg if you feel like driving up that way. Most of my catfishing knowledge is from up in that area, so I can't really help you in Newport News.

If we gang up on Ben to get his boat out, I can get you boys out on some bigguns. ;) I'll even refrain from wearing the crazy Devo outfit.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Check out the Rt 5 bridge in Williamsburg if you feel like driving up that way. Most of my catfishing knowledge is from up in that area, so I can't really help you in Newport News.

If we gang up on Ben to get his boat out, I can get you boys out on some bigguns. ;) I'll even refrain from wearing the crazy Devo outfit.

Dude, that's hilarious. It' looks like you whipped it, whipped it good!!!

Skunk

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I'm gonna have to help him get the carbs cleaned up, but that shouldn't be too bad. Hopefully they aren't varnished up and nasty and in need of a complete rebuild. Right now is prime time for big cats.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'll do it as long as he wears the Devo outfit. lol I think I almost had an asmtha attack from laughing at that! Terry, let me know when you might be available to help me check those carbs out, that would be a big, big help. I'll be outta town this weekend with the girl. (may take a tour/tasting at Starr Hill Brewery while I'm out!:)) But other than that I think I'm free.

Ben

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I'll do it as long as he wears the Devo outfit. lol I think I almost had an asmtha attack from laughing at that!
If it's cold enough, you bet I'll wear it. It was about 40 degrees that day with15-25 mph winds. COLD!

Let me know when you're back in town. I'm off Fri-Sunday, just need a little lead time to get out.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
I've been eatin' cats for dinner the last few days.

I know there's some big one around - 20lb-30lb range.

But I've been catchin' the 4lb-5lb eatin' size.

Yum.
Dude, you make that post on a thread where Terry has a picture of a fish that weighs more than you?

WTG and you are a gobbstopper....:rolleyes::D:beer:

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Dude, you make that post on a thread where Terry has a picture of a fish that weighs more than you?

WTG and you are a gobbstopper....:rolleyes::D:beer:
I know you haven't caught a fish in two months or more.

Don't be jealous.

Don't be mad.

You can always go to Food Lion if you want to remember what a fish tastes like.

Or drive to my house for dinner.

·
Registered
846 Posts

[/QUOT
I know alot of birds eat fish but I was unaware that Big BIRD did haha

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
He's probably fishing the creeks around Back Bay.
Back Bay.

Look for deep holes.

I have one, but it's on private property. Sorry, I don't want to lose it.

You can always get them at the Hells Point bridge. Lots of yellow perch around there, too.

Watch out for them bowfin, them f***ers got teeth. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.