Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am either going tomorrow or Friday.

Hopefully Bev will good have fresh bait....

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Orest,

I'll be there Saturday morning in the OSV area. They are starting to catch some stripers...

Wish I could fish during the week - SWEET!

Sandcrab

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a vacation day

get 5 weeks a years, don't go anywhere, so I take a day now and then for fishing; lately the vacation days have been used for getting our other house ready to sell.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Gotta build mine up..

Orest,

I just started as a "government guy" awhile back and get 26 days a year now. It's going to take me quite a while to save up some days for a vacation.

Good luck at AI...

Sandcrab

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Am maxed out at 5 weeks,

been a gov't contractor now for 24 years now, same job, Current Employment Statistics Survey SAS programmer, just different company now and then. Right now working for BAE System.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No one bite

Water was dirty from the Thursday storm and the beach was dirty black.

Heavy surf and strong current 8 oz. would not hold.

Water is still warm.

Bev had old bait.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Fished the OC beaches early Sunday afternoon around 70th Street. Water was warm but nasty, 5oz Hurricanes barely held bottom. Had a couple of small hits but landed no fish using both frozen spot for cut bait and finger mullet both chunked and whole. Nice to be on the water did hear "rumblings" of small puppy drum caught on plastics but I did not see it happen.
Am still convinced, that the best Fall fishing is yet to come and will be back soon. STRONGLY suggest that everyone have good quality bait BEFORE getting there.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Saw a 38" Striper caught from Fenwick Island

Took Monday off and went to my local landfill to recycle some stuff and there this guy with his surf rods and cooler on his truck pulling out this 38" Striper and giving it to this lady, who was working at the landfill enterance gate.

Any way he said he caught it Saturday in Fenwick Island, the first beach access before 3 R's.

I didn't know there a was an access to the beach before 3R's after leaving FI.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Water was dirty from the Thursday storm and the beach was dirty black.

Heavy surf and strong current 8 oz. would not hold.

Water is still warm.

Bev had old bait.
Orest,

Thanks for posting.

My trip to AI last Saturday produced only undersized trout (12"). Strong wind and light rain - 6 oz held well... There's always another trip around the corner - Hopefully next month...

Sandcrab

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Well fellows, me figure the time has arrived. Be heading down Wednesday after work and returning Saturday. Lets hope for some turkey day stripers.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Shaggy! The prodigal son returns!

We need a week of really cold weather to get this run going. The stripers won't show up in force until the bait does.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Shaggy! The prodigal son returns!

We need a week of really cold weather to get this run going. The stripers won't show up in force until the bait does.
Agree with ya Flea, but I see a stretch predicted of day time temps mid 50's and below with overnight lows from upper 30's to the upper 20's, temps up in Delaware a few degrees cooler both highs and lows, so based on that and my jonesing to hit AI, I feel the time has arrived. Only real negative I foresee is the predicted winds w and wnw but that minor obstacle I hope.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Shaggy did you replace your Jeep yet??

How you traveling to AI.....

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Seems an OK catching weekend even with the weather, cooler temps are on the way, so depending on winds, still calling for NW, I prefer NE, but I gots a good feeling for this little trip up coming. Personally be real happy to bring one home, but blood and phsychie tells me may come home with 2, winds be damned! If not, oh well I will have made that attempt.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
How you traveling to AI.....
O, Jeep may not be ready, so may end up driving the car, meeting with bro and getting on the beach via him. Don't care iffin I gotta walk to get where I gotta git, I gotta feeling the time is sooo close, may it, for my sake be close enough.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm also heading down this Thursday with the wife. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The weather is looking good. Winds out of the W and NW at 10-12 mph.

I want to pick AI fishermen's brains about the wind issue. I notice that Sand Flea likes the NE winds and so does Shaggy. Personnally I have never been able to make it out to AI when there is a NE wind, maybe this is why I havnt caught big fish?? :confused: I have been checking the weather site and none of them are predicting a NE wind any time soon. How often is there a NE wind? The experience I have is that N and S wind that goes parallel to the beach is not good.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts