Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man-The Spring Striper Season is over-What a race to the end!I am pooped,tired,fished out.Plannining on taking a break from fishing activities this week.Plannining on spending some quality time with the wifey and daughter.
Gotta get my rest for I am going on vacation from the end of June till after the 4th.Gonna hit the Barrier Islands/ES and try to land some BIG amberjacks on the way.........
What is the longest time you guys ever took a break from tossing lead and lures?What is the longest time you guys ever took a break from tossing lead and lures?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
i aint never fished out ns4d been doin lotta croaker fishn i go to so many different places its always something new for me being th die hard fisherman that i am:D here lately need the umbrella man this weather sux:--->

·
Registered
196 Posts
17 years man, SEVENTEEN years. I forgot how much fun it was. Went from about 1971 fishing party boats, piers and shore in NY to 1988 without a line wet. Then went after yellow perch and then salmon in Lake Michigan. Got the salmon on a charter. Nice fish but, if I were to do it again I'd bring my own light tackle and avoid the pool cues on the charter.

Hows about another 16 year layoff? From 1988 to 2002. Yeah that's right, another loooong lay off. Man was I an idiot (some say I'm still one :D ). Now back in the salt where I'm supposed to be.

Still trying to catch up on the learning curve as far as what species is available, when and where; baits/lures, etc.

Been skunked a few times, especially last year but, fewer skunks and more fish for my son and me this year.

Yeah the rain stinks but, the fish don't mind it ;) .

keep em tight.....Kurt

·
Registered
196 Posts
OK, make the second lay off 14 years. My math skills arent what they used to be, if they ever were :D .

.....Kurt

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
31 years layoff!!! Man I am not even that old yet! I hope I never get to that point or am that far away from water. Got to learn from other peoples mistakes you know. One of the advantages of being young:D

·
Registered
191 Posts
wazz up ns4d fished out whats that mean you must of caught them all had a good day last night at the les caughht about 6 good strper i know its too late but still fun also we were catching 6 to 8 pound trout and rays all day yesterday good luck
tight lines:cool:

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
That is what I am talking about reel man. Hardcore. I feel ya.;)

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Yea......I felt a little bit like that once...took a 15 minute break to whizzzzzz and suck down sumthin cool and refressshn then fished for the next six years....the R

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yeah, I must be catchin' something. I feel light headed and shakey. I know...I haven't wet a line (other than rain ;) ) since last friday down in jax. Gotta get out tomorrow or sat the latest.

.....Kurt

ps...I'll never have a year plus layoff again.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i couldn't take a break from fishing. ive got it bad, everyday i think about it and if the weather is good i'll go

FHB

·
Registered
402 Posts
the only time im fished out is when my arms are too tired to possibly bring in another fish, ive only experienced that once tuna fishing

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
aint nobody round here that fished out even in the rain and my arms do hurt niether :D * got quite a few coolers full thinking bout it everyday:--->

·
Registered
77 Posts
I went from 1987 to 1998 without fishing, and then from the middle of last year until this week. Feels good to be back at it! :cool:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Well me personally the only tme im fished out is when forced to go in by parents. Now this year im definantly not fished out, havent even done much fishing cuz of the weather. I swear im like cursed, i have had now 4 trips cancelled.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yeah kid we are all feeling ya. Weather has been terrible to us. May the fish gods be good to us when we actually make it there.

·
Registered
191 Posts
im never been fished out
as far as rain goes it just adds character:mad: but its all good when the lines are tight
good luck all the wheather has to break sometime

1 - 17 of 17 Posts