Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about makin a run down to the OBX within the next couple of weekends. I caught my 1st sheep last week of May last year. Any been spotted yet? It's been cold and rainy, will that delay things any?

All I seem to be able to catch from the surf so far this year are cats and croaker.....itching for something different!!

Thanks!

VB1

·
Super Moderator
10,102 Posts
Thinking about makin a run down to the OBX within the next couple of weekends. I caught my 1st sheep last week of May last year. Any been spotted yet? It's been cold and rainy, will that delay things any?

All I seem to be able to catch from the surf so far this year are cats and croaker.....itching for something different!!

Thanks!

VB1
This ne'r that's blowing like the devil right now probably isn't helping much... :rolleyes: :p They should be here by the first week in June at least...

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went friday. water was clear. caught 4 dinks and had one good sized fish hit for about a half second. Other than that, did see a couple blacks and a 26in red. Nothing much else.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Saw 1 sheephead caught from the bridge at Oregon inlet on Monday (5/25). Nice fish, but is was the only thing caught from the bridge, other than small flounder, in a 2-3 hour stretch. Fishing should be picking up in the surf soon, but it was lousy last weekend (lots of loose sea grass and cold water). Caught mostly small sand sharks on Sunday. ON the bright side, the sun was out and the beer was cold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts