Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys I am looking for good areas to fish for these fish. Are there any good areas in these bays for these fish with going into the Ocean? I only have a 19ft boat. Any help, is good help. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Try the artificial reef in the lower Pax. in the late summer and early fall. If you can buck the strong currents that run through there you can catch sea bass and porgy there.

You'll have to locate the reef with your fish finder as it may no lnger be marked. It's in about 18ft of water.

·
Registered
565 Posts
The DE bay has several wrecks and a bunch of artificial reefs on the Delaware side. You can get GPS Coord. from the bass barn. There is a link on the front page. The wall off Lewes is a good bet for tog also. The lower reaches of the bay are usually better bets for tog and seabass.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Morrocco,

Take MD Rt. 4 south towards Solomons Island. Stop at the bridge crosing the Pax. River. You can launch a boat right under the Bridge there. Make a left turn and follow the river until it empties into the bay. The reef is on your right, off the coast of the military base (airforce?)approximately 500 yards out. At one time it was marked with 2 orange markersindicating the lenth of the reef. But that was years ago. I haven't fish there in a while now, so I can't tell you if its still marked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts